1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [SSD] New Posts 1.1

This will add a 'New Posts' button to the bottom of the thread, above the Quick Reply box.

1. Stolen Sheep Design submitted a new resource:

[SSD] New Posts - This will add a 'New Posts' button to the bottom of the thread, above the Quick Reply box.

Read more about this resource...
  2. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

To me, a "new posts" button at the bottom of a thread suggests new posts within that thread, to be clicked if people have responded since you started typing.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

That would be a "new reply".
  4. XrayFox

XrayFox New Member

I really like this add-on, but it didn't work for me out of the box using Xenforo version 1.5.5. It wasn't going to the correct new posts page. I patched it like this and it worked great.

--- [SSD] New Posts 1.1/addon-ssd_newposts.xml  2015-11-03 10:27:56.000000000 -0600
    +++ [SSD] New Posts 1.1.fixed/addon-ssd_newposts.xml    2016-01-19 21:00:06.000000000 -0600
    @@ -78,7 +78,7 @@
           <replace><![CDATA[<div class="linkGroup"{xen:if '!{$ignoredNames}', ' style="display: none"'}><a href="javascript:" class="muted JsOnly DisplayIgnoredContent Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase show_hidden_content_by_x, "names={xen:helper implode, $ignoredNames, ', '}"}">{xen:phrase show_ignored_content}</a></div>
                                    <div class="ssd_newPosts">
                                     <xen:require css="ssd_newposts.css" />
    -                               <li><a href="/find-new/posts" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></li>
    +                               <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></li>
                            <xen:pagenav link="threads" linkdata="{$thread}"
    Lisa likes this.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Thanks, we'll check it today.
    XrayFox likes this.
  6. adwade

adwade Active Member

I like the add-on as well, but it won't work for me either. Our forum is not installed in the root of our website, but instead in a /forums/ sub-directory. The add-on appears to assume the forum is installed in the root, and thus generates an error whenever someone clicks on the [SSD] New Posts link. :confused:

I fixed it by finding…
                    <li><a href="/find-new/posts" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></li>
    in the addon-ssd_newposts.xml file

And replacing it with…
                    <li><a href="/forums/find-new/posts" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></li>
    Then re-importing the xml file into XenForo.
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Lisa likes this.
  7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Thanks, @adwade we'll get this updated in the next release.
  8. XrayFox

XrayFox New Member

I posted a patch (two posts up) that does the same thing but works regardless of the subdirctory name that Xenforo is installed in.
    Lisa likes this.
  9. adwade

adwade Active Member

I saw it, but not being a coder I didn't understand it. :confused: Still it steered me in the right direction and allowed me to find a spot to make a revision that worked for my installation, so Thanks! (y)
  10. Here's how I modded this addon to show Recent Posts instead of New Posts:

<a href="/find-new/posts" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></li>
    Replace the code above with this:
    <a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a>
    I wanted the symbol to look like a refresh, so I changed the Font Awesome code too:

Conversation bubble icon:
    content: "\f075";
        font-family: FontAwesome;
    Refresh icon:
    content: "\f021";
        font-family: FontAwesome;
    The file to be modded is the addon-ssd_newposts.xml installation file.

Big thanks to [SSD]! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    Lisa likes this.