[SSD] Custom Markup For User

[SSD] Custom Markup For User 1.0.1

No permission to download
When you starting install that Addon, all variables is null... Maybe missing to check before given to foreach :)

Incase anyone is running this on XF 1.2......

Go to ThreePointStudios_CustomMarkupForUser_Helpers

change this:
public static function helperUserTitle($user, $allowCustomTitle = true) {

to this:
public static function helperUserTitle($user, $allowCustomTitle = true, $withBanner = false) {

Don't tell tyteen4a03 I'm providing support though for a beta version. He might get mad at me D:

Incase anyone is running this on XF 1.2......

Go to ThreePointStudios_CustomMarkupForUser_Helpers

change this:
public static function helperUserTitle($user, $allowCustomTitle = true) {

to this:
public static function helperUserTitle($user, $allowCustomTitle = true, $withBanner = false) {

Don't tell tyteen4a03 I'm providing support though for a beta version. He might get mad at me D:
/me beats @silence up

I'll include this fix in the next release.

Last edited:
Works for me on the default setting of Custom Markup first but I was playing with the other settings.

1st suggestion -> removing colors - I see users being derp about this and doing black on black or some eye sore color on some eye sore background!

1st problem *maybe*
Not sure if this is 'as designed' but nothing, LITERALLY, shows up when selecting the 3rd option. lol
Here are my settings.
I don't have any custom CSS
You can see in the example that nothing shows up. My name does not appear anywhere else on the forum either. If I switch the options it works fine again. I'm not getting any errors.
XF version 1.1.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.09.22 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.09.22 PM.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.09.37 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.09.37 PM.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 14
Works for me on the default setting of Custom Markup first but I was playing with the other settings.

1st suggestion -> removing colors - I see users being derp about this and doing black on black or some eye sore color on some eye sore background!

1st problem *maybe*
Not sure if this is 'as designed' but nothing, LITERALLY, shows up when selecting the 3rd option. lol
Here are my settings.
I don't have any custom CSS
You can see in the example that nothing shows up. My name does not appear anywhere else on the forum either. If I switch the options it works fine again. I'm not getting any errors.
XF version 1.1.4
Removing user colours can be achieved via the AdminCP, but it doesn't stop the user from setting it again. I could add a lock ability (and I have though of doing so), but it's just easier to take away the permissions if they continue to abuse it.

Not really understand your second issue. So the HTML is literally <span style="things"></span> with nothing in between?

Not really understand your second issue. So the HTML is literally <span style="things"></span> with nothing in between?
Yep, literally nothing. There's no name. It's empty.

Here's a screenshot using firebug
Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.32.45 PM.webp
Code:
"persh.1/"></a>
You can see the link but no name.

It's not a big deal for me because I just use default settings and it works, but when i choose the option in the admin panel to completely ignore user group css, then this happens. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention now.

Yep, literally nothing. There's no name. It's empty.

Here's a screenshot using firebug
View attachment 50967
Code:
"persh.1/"></a>
You can see the link but no name.

It's not a big deal for me because I just use default settings and it works, but when i choose the option in the admin panel to completely ignore user group css, then this happens. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention now.
I'll look into it.

EDIT: @0xym0r0n I see the problem now. Fixing shortly.

tyteen4a03 updated [3.studIo] Custom Markup For User with a new update entry:

1.2 Final breaks addon

@DarkGizmo has reported that due to changes in 1.2's preferences page (which involves making Preferences an overlay window), the settings page is now broken if you try to access it via your quick panel.

I can't fix this at this very moment because I am supposed to be on a plane in 46 hours and things has been going crazy in my home. I'll fix this when I settle in Denmark (which may be mid August - I dunno).

For now, use the old-fashioned UserCP menu to access your custom markup - that page...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Post BBCode template?

I dont know, I just know that I've in the past atleast before moving to XenForo had some kind of addon give me settings to allow post font color and such as a default for my posts, i havent seen that for XenForo yet, though I might just be blind.

I dont know, I just know that I've in the past atleast before moving to XenForo had some kind of addon give me settings to allow post font color and such as a default for my posts, i havent seen that for XenForo yet, though I might just be blind.
I think I have seen it before - can't remember where it is.

Regards to the 1.2 update with preferences being in an overlay. It all works for me, so I'm confused about the update :S

Top Bottom