1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by RamzanHD, Apr 14, 2016.

1. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

whenever im making a thread on my website and i cant get spoiler to work i click insert spoiler but afteer its just blank

whenever i click insert spoiler and it uses this code [.SPOILER="test"][/SPOILER]
    and thats why it doesnt work but whenever i use [.spoiler]test[/spoiler]

it does.

please dont say the code is wrong i putted the dot so it doesnt make it into spoiler :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Content needs to be in the spoiler tags in order for the spoiler to function.

[SPOILER="Test"]Content[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]Content[/SPOILER]

3. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

i know but whenever im creating a thread and i press insert and choose spoiler thats the code it uses :( how can i fix this

4. Brogan

I don't really understand the issue.

You enter the content in the spoiler where the cursor is.

5. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

the spoiler button gets the code wrong

[​IMG]

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's the correct code. That's a spoiler tag with a title, but you need to actually type in the middle of the tags the content you want inside the spoiler.

7. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

i know that chris but my users wont and it places the text in wrong place you even saw it in the pic

8. Brogan

No, it doesn't.

The cursor is correctly placed between the tags.

9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't place the text in the wrong place.

The spoiler button asks you for a title. You entered a title and it put the title inside the spoiler tag.

The text you want to be inside the spoiler either needs to be typed in, or you can highlight text you want to be inside the spoiler before clicking the editor button.

10. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

ohh ohh sorry :D shouldnt cause this mess ahh just realised i should of read it :)