Implemented Spoiler BBCode

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I thought of having several BBCodes built-in which do not have toolbar buttons, but are there if users discover them. I leave it up to Kier and Mike whether they want to have create icons for every BBCode they add, even if some are disabled by default to minimize clutter. :)

I do understand that some forums want and need more than a standard set of codes and having them installed in core wouldn't bother me as long as I could enable and disable them.

If I couldn't then I wouldn't want them there. I don't like the thought of deleting the ones I don't need and then when I upgrade find that they're all back and have to delete them again.

I don't think vBulletin has ever re-enabled features once they've been deactivated by an Admin, and I wouldn't expect XenForo to either.

I don't think vBulletin has ever re-enabled features once they've been deactivated by an Admin, and I wouldn't expect XenForo to either.

... I could enable and disable them.

I don't like the thought of deleting the ones I don't need and then when I upgrade find that they're all back and have to delete them again.

That's what I'm saying, disable them is fine by me but deleting them isn't as they'll appear again after the next upgrade.

I have a significant amount of BBCodes on my site.
Only about 15 or so have buttons in the text editor though, the rest are available but you have to know the code for them.

I created a simple thread detailing all the available codes to let the members know so they too can use the BBCode.

That is what I expect will happen with XenForo.
Admin's will be able to create BBCode as they wish and choose which ones appear as buttons in the editor.

I think perhaps an analysis tool should be integrated that shows the most-used BBCodes. Let's face it, only the most frequently used BBCodes deserve to be in the toolbar and with some kind of analysis tool we can analyse which BBCodes are used most!

The spoiler tag is necessary for many forums, that would be officially added. I remember the very nice spoiler of vb 2.0 and ipb 1.x...

Spoilers are requested quite a lot on my forum so I am all for it. I would like it to not be indexed by search engines or the integrated search.

I'm all for the tag. If the BBCode system is anything like the VB system, you can very easily set the BBCode to appear in the post toolbar or not.

I don't mind a spoiler tag, they are nice. But if I could have just 1 button added, I would want it to be the quote button.

just added a spoiler-icon by using BBCode Manager and CelEditorButtons + a little replace plugin for TinyMCE, maybe someone can use it too
short one:
-install both plugins and configure a spoiler tag in BBC-M
-extract spoiler.zip to /js/tinymce/plugins/
-change /library/CelEditorButtons/Listener.php : line11 to
Code:
$replace = "var plugins = 'spoiler,";
-edit template: CelEditorButtons2 and add
Code:
spoiler,
in a new line (whereever you want to use it)
-create a nice spoiler icon matching the other ones and attach it here ;P

Attachments

Top Bottom