Spoiled brat? Just too far

I had my first job at 11, damn this kid needs to work for her money and see how long it takes her to get £380 for 1 pair of shoes... waste of money spending she could have gave that to some animal or sick childen and they could have lived of it for a few months or even years in some really poor places... her mother should be ashamed of herself.

I think the mother is living through her daughter.

Exactly. While parents often want to give their kids all that they didn't have as a child, some parents go way overboard in doing so. Such as these parents.

... she should be ashamed of herself.

Actually the child needs to have time to be a CHILD. I was still playing with Barbie dolls at 11, and my easy bake oven, and playing with makeup, not actually wearing it.

I had my first job at 11, damn this kid needs to work for her money and see how long it takes her to get £380 for 1 pair of shoes... waste of money spending she could have gave that to some animal or sick childen and they could have lived of it for a few months or even years in some really poor places... she should be ashamed of herself.
Believe me, she will be working for her money when she is a little older.

I genuinely feel sorry for people like this because they are not human. I don't mean they aren't members of the species, but that they never share in some of the most basic human experiences and to do it in their formative years when they should be learning how to properly process the emotions that come with those experiences is hard to see.

I'm sure the parents mean well, the typical "I'll give you everything I couldn't have" scenario, but socially and emotionally, its good for us to not get everything we want, to understand the consequences that would arise if we did, to experience and process those emotions and to place self in the proper perspective of social life. Without these basic experiences, they never develop the capacity for empathy and self-sacrifice, traits that are unique to humans alone. Without it, they are truly less than human.

Thats why I feel sad instead of angry or apalled.

I genuinely feel sorry for people like this because they are not human. I don't mean they aren't members of the species, but that they never share in some of the most basic human experiences and to do it in their formative years when they should be learning how to properly process the emotions that come with those experiences is hard to see.

I'm sure the parents mean well, the typical "I'll give you everything I couldn't have" scenario, but socially and emotionally, its good for us to not get everything we want, to understand the consequences that would arise if we did, to experience and process those emotions and to place self in the proper perspective of social life. Without these basic experiences, they never develop the capacity for empathy and self-sacrifice, traits that are unique to humans alone. Without it, they are truly less than human.

Thats why I feel sad instead of angry or apalled.
Very well said.

Absolutely shocking. Even worse that she's from Glasgow, where I live!

However, despite the strong 'Glasgow twang', she does seem more well spoken than most 11 year olds that I've come across in Glasgow - most people and teenagers I meet tend to make me worry that English is going to go out of fashion in Scotland! Perhaps there is an up side and benefit to all her parents spending on her.

Naw. You can teach your child proper grammer and good manners without spending thousands of dollars per month on NON-necessities.

Naw. You can teach your child proper grammer and good manners without spending thousands of dollars per month on NON-necessities.
Absolutely! Never mind the fact that they could be putting away all that money for her continuing education. Plus, Mum needs therapy.

Absolutely! Never mind the fact that they could be putting away all that money for her continuing education. Plus, Mum needs therapy.

There are few programs in US which helps such people from wasting money like that . Instead of wasting money like that they can do some charity works.

I don't believe they are spending thousands of dollars per month - year, maybe - but the clip didn't seem to say.
Ok, hundreds. They buy her high-end clothes, makeup, keep her hair highlighted monthly, french manicures (do you know how much they cost???), etc.

Yeah, at least hundreds.

Ok, hundreds. They buy her high-end clothes, makeup, keep her hair highlighted monthly, french manicures (do you know how much they cost???), etc.

Yeah, at least hundreds.

French Manicure : $14-$35 common rate in Manhattan,NY :p

But coming to conclusion after watching video pretty sure her parents spend atleast thousand permonth :p Money spending people never go for cheap products .

I actually didn't think she was all that "brattish" at all, of course like all kids she was taking advantage of the situation, but that is what kids are programmed to do, it is their jobs to push and ours as parents to resist... unfortunately she has a weak as water Mother who is trying to live vicariously through her little angel, and apparently can not see the harm in what she is doing.

I actually thought the female interviewer was far more obnoxious and brattish myself.. what a B*tch.

What worries me more is that fact that at 11 she looks 15 or 16, due to the way she dresses and the make up etc.. I would be really worried as her Mother about the message that sends to sexual preditors - she should be enjoying her childhood, as a child, not as a mini Paris Hilton style tart wannabee.

I too feel sorry for her, she is on a path that can only end badly one way or another, it would be nice if she had some more positive female role models and aspirations than to be some plastic materialistic bimbo who thinks the label on their clothes entitles them to some kind of respect or privilege!

Could not agree more, Kim. No I did not find her brattish at all either. The fault does not lie with the girl, it's with the parents. Her father is just as much at fault.
Unless mom works as well, dad must be working at least 2 jobs, or have a darn good paying single job. wow.

Oddly, I didn't find the interviewer to be obnoxious, as much as incredulous. Like she couldn't believe what she was hearing. I don't blame her, as I couldn't either!

Top Bottom