Cannot reproduce Split Posts Still Count and Ignored Content Incorrectly Shows

vbresults

1. Ignored content which has been split off still creates the "show ignored content" link in the original discussion, even though if the users were unignored, the content wouldn't be visible in the resource.

Last edited:
I would have to do some testing but I'm not entirely sure it would be working like that.

The count should come from the thread record itself which should be updated when posts are moved out. The count shown on the resource should therefore be accurate.

Note however the count will include the number of replies from ignored members.

The ignored members have their posts hidden on every page load, so again there shouldn't be any caching here that would cause this to become incorrect.

From what you've said it would seem like there are still posts in the thread from members you are ignoring.

The ignored "shadow" posts are still there in the resource discussion they were split off from, accessible by the show ignored content link in the resource, while totally hidden to those not ignoring.

You are both right on the count, this was my mistake -- updated.

Ignoring is basically done client side (via CSS), so I don't think what you're suggesting is actually possible (unless you're seeing a cached version of the page). I could really only suggest that the posts are actually there. If you want to send screenshots/demonstrations though, I could confirm.

Top Bottom