Resource icon

[splendidpoint.com] AntiSPAM - Prevent Links and Emails 1.0.1

No permission to download
I really like this but is there no way so we dont need to replace the forum files each time we upgrade?

This is an Addon you install once. I am not sure I understand what you mean.

I mean when we upgrade the forums when theres a new XF version, doesnt this undo the changes you have made to the original files if we overwrite?

I mean when we upgrade the forums when theres a new XF version, doesnt this undo the changes you have made to the original files if we overwrite?

No you are confused about how addons work. When you install this or any other addon, they add new files and in most cases you do not touch core xf files. So unless xenforo changes some core code on which an addon depends, most addons would continue to work fine even after you update XF.

Sorry I didnt read the readme, I thought the files within the antispam folder were going to be replacing XF core files, I am used to seeing them within a library folder at the root of the archive. Understand now thank you :)

Is there any way to exclude certain URLs so they can go through say facebook.com and facebook.com/whateveraftertheslash ? That would be excellent if you could do that :) Thanks for this its working great other than that.

Excellent add-on!

Is there a chance you could add an option to disable the add-on on certain forum IDs? Thus allowing links from newly registered members only on certain areas of the forum? If you don't want to support this widely (from the CP), I'd be grateful if you could help me with a code hack for the current version. I'm having issues with this but I don't want to open up to spammers forum-wide allowing links everywhere.

Thanks a lot.

Excellent add-on!

Is there a chance you could add an option to disable the add-on on certain forum IDs? Thus allowing links from newly registered members only on certain areas of the forum? If you don't want to support this widely (from the CP), I'd be grateful if you could help me with a code hack for the current version. I'm having issues with this but I don't want to open up to spammers forum-wide allowing links everywhere.

Thanks a lot.

Actually I am long overdue to update this... but you know this works for what I need so kind of keeps getting pushed back. I will look into your feature request.

Hi Sadik, I've installed this mod. I have set a min post count of 50, however when the error message pops up, it shows that Links are disabled upto 10 posts.

Also, can't we set a larger number than 50?

Hi Sadik, I've installed this mod. I have set a min post count of 50, however when the error message pops up, it shows that Links are disabled upto 10 posts.

The error message is actually a phrase. Find this phrase and change it AntiSPAM_posts_error_message

Also, can't we set a larger number than 50?

Unfortunately no. It's a max limit set in the options.

Is there a way to enable this on unregistered members? My theory is that if guests can post, forum activity goes up. If they are not able to post links, spam goes down.

Thanks.

Actually I am long overdue to update this... but you know this works for what I need so kind of keeps getting pushed back. I will look into your feature request.

Circling back to my request above (limiting the action of this to certain forum IDs), any chance you've been able to accomplish this yet?

Thank you.

Hi Anthony. I will have to look. Of course it's possible though. I have had plans to update this Addon for a long time now, but unfortunately work gets in the way.

I'd love the profile about field to be added to this too. Many of my human spammers use that.

Also I'd like the home page field added to this, the human spammers fill that too.

So no links in home page field nor in about field until x amount of posts.

I hope you can find the time to do these at some point :)

(Brilliant addon, btw! thanks!)

Hi, i'm giving this add-on a try . Looks ideal (y) , but to be on the safe side, is there a permission combination i can set to make sure spammers do not get around this? Perhaps, a way to manually approve members before allowing links in post, rather than waiting for a high number of posts (which may all be nonsense posts)? Also, for added strength having a minimum number of days in the options would be stronger.

I'd even pay for an addon that checked for links in status updates, and the "your personal details" -> "homepage", "occupation", "about you".

My human spammers are driving me nuts. I'm removing their ****ty links daily.

salidkb, please take the time to add these :) :)

Top Bottom