Resource icon

[splendidpoint.com] AntiSPAM - Prevent Links and Emails 1.0.1

No permission to download

I'd even pay for an addon that checked for links in status updates, and the "your personal details" -> "homepage", "occupation", "about you".

My human spammers are driving me nuts. I'm removing their ****ty links daily.

salidkb, please take the time to add these :) :)

ME 2!

Hi Anthony. I will have to look. Of course it's possible though. I have had plans to update this Addon for a long time now, but unfortunately work gets in the way.

Great plugin. I second this. I checked my database and found over 200 spammers using the About field to spam links.

Here is an untested mod that checks the homepage and about.

I do not know if it works and will not be responsible if it breaks your forum.

Find AntiSPAM\ControllerPublic\Account.php and replace this

PHP:
class AntiSPAM_ControllerPublic_Account extends XFCP_AntiSPAM_ControllerPublic_Account
{

with

PHP:
class AntiSPAM_ControllerPublic_Account extends XFCP_AntiSPAM_ControllerPublic_Account
{
    public function actionPersonalDetailsSave()
    {
        $about    = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('about', $this->_input);
        $homepage = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('homepage', $this->_input);
        $location  = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('location', $this->_input);
        $occupation = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('occupation', $this->_input);
        $status    = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('status', $this->_input);

if($this->checkdata($about) ||
          $this->checkdata($homepage) ||
          $this->checkdata($location) ||
          $this->checkdata($occupation) ||
          $this->checkdata($status)
          )
        {
            return $this->responseError(new XenForo_Phrase('AntiSPAM_posts_error_message'));
        }

return parent::actionPersonalDetailsSave();
    }

Also the website regex could probably be optimized to something like

#(\[/url\]|https?://|www\..)#i

The default regex doesn't catch this.

Code:
[url=spamhamsam.com]spamhamsam.com[/url]

Also here is a bug fix.

Edit AntiSPAM/ControllerPublic/ProfilePost.php

Find public function actionComment() and put "return parent::actionComment();" at the end of the function so it looks like this.

PHP:
    public function actionComment()
    {
        if ($this->_request->isPost())
        {
            $message = $this->_input->filterSingle('message', XenForo_Input::STRING);
            if($this->checkdata($message))
            {   
                return $this->responseError(new XenForo_Phrase('AntiSPAM_posts_error_message'));
            }   
            else
                return parent::actionComment();
        }
        return parent::actionComment();
    }

Is there a way to enable this on unregistered members? My theory is that if guests can post, forum activity goes up. If they are not able to post links, spam goes down.

Thanks.

I am looking for this as well. I have a node available for guests and there's where spammers post every single day.

How to add unregistered to work with the addon ?

Thanks.

+1 for guest posts. If this mod could do that, ti would solve my main spam problem, as I have to leave on forum open for guests, and it's getting hammered with link spam.

-- hugh

I went ahead and purchased that product. So far so good. I just migrated my site from vBulletin to XF over the wekend, and started getting absolutely hammered in the Guests forum, with several spams a minute ... and I have to leave the Guests forum open, as inevitably we'll have some folk not being able to login after the migration, and they need a forum to post in to get our attention. Anyway, it's working perfectly, has stopped about 20 spams in 10 minutes, all as guests trying to post links.

Thanks for the pointer.

-- hugh

You're welcome. There is one more solution of that author which is a must, and that is the foolbothoneypot (FBHP) solution. You don't need to block countries and all the others they offer, but FBHP stops all bots from registering, without having to adjust your captcha to an image based, leaving default XF captcha solutions in place without any issue of automated spam... and obviously human spam already covered.

So far to date, it is the single cheapest, most effective method offered for any forum solution to date that I've come across... and I've been around forums for 15 odd years. These two methods seem to be holding as pretty much bulletproof.

Hmm, I have a problem.

Minimum Message Count is on 4

If a new member want to post links, the message for him is:

"You cannot post links or email addresses until you have 10 posts. This is to prevent SPAM"

What is wrong.

Hmm, I have a problem.

Minimum Message Count is on 4

If a new member want to post links, the message for him is:

"You cannot post links or email addresses until you have 10 posts. This is to prevent SPAM"

What is wrong.

Same thing on my forum. I'm using 1.2.4

Top Bottom