XF 1.5 Speeding up thread loading

naia

I'm sure that the reason thread loading is a bit slow is due to the plugins we're using, but they're a necessity for the site. I'm wondering what actions can be taken to mitigate the minor slowdown on thread loading caused by them, if any.

• We have optimized our SQL tables.
  • We currently utilize OPCache
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'km_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

What kind of server? Shared, VPS, dedicated?

Enable debug mode by adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

That will add load stats to the bottom of the page, as well as a link to fully explain the queries on the page. That may help to isolate the problem.

Reactions: Xon
Here is the results from a thread. This is one of our larger threads, as you'll notice 439 queries run on thread view. It is a VPS with decent resources. The longest operation is a commit operation, which runs for over 0.1 seconds. I can't see anything super abnormal or resource-hoggy about any of the queries run.

Timing:

2.9025 seconds

Memory:

24.076 MB

DB Queries:

Just to show how insanely high that number is, a thread with 17,800 replies,

Timing: 0.1186 seconds
Memory: 8.495 MB
DB Queries: 28

My link doesn't work? Do I click on the time link? If I do that then it just refreshes the page, I see no other links?
Do you by chance have @Chris D 's "Enable Debug Mode From AdminCP" add-on installed? I think I remember having that same issue but always kept forgetting to report it to Chris. Could well be a conflict with something else as well though.

Do you by chance have @Chris D 's "Enable Debug Mode From AdminCP" add-on installed? I think I remember having that same issue but always kept forgetting to report it to Chris. Could well be a conflict with something else as well though.

I do, thought it was intended behavior. What's the actual page to see all the queries?

Top Bottom