1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special discount for the rest of us?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by dmnkhhn, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dmnkhhn

dmnkhhn Active Member

First of all, thank you for announcing the availability and the pricing. :)

The discount is great for most of us but users like me rely on a translation and ordering a product without knowing when (and if) a translation will be available is like buying a cat in a bag.

One thing I've learned from a competitive product: Never buy a cat in a bag and that's the reason I am not going to buy XenForo right from the start.

That means, of course, I am missing the opportunity to get this piece of software at a very good price.

So my question is: Will there be another discount as soon as XenForo is mature enough to have a fully localized version in sight? :)

2. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

To the contrary, by the time XenForo matures its price might go up slightly. You never know $140 might be considered a discounted price by then. There are no butts about $100. You simply can't beat it. Why wait if you can afford it?

3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I think they're going to keep the pricing unchanged for at least one year, if not longer. And if anything, like kyrgyz said, they probably will go up.

4. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I don't think you need worry, no doubt people will be working on translations from day one. Maybe if we knew what translation you are after?

5. Floris

Floris Guest

They are selling it as is, which won't be with translations. So I doubt you can expect a discount for language packs. There are no official distributors for localized versions, so I don't see how they can offer a discount for those customers.

6. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

The discount after the sale is $140. We are having a short early adopters sale before that and understand that for some this may present a dilemma. It is clear and transparent and reasonable.

Peggy likes this.
  7. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

At least I hope you announce the date early enough to catch the discount within this 24 hours period.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

They did.. yesterday, saying it will be in the first week of October :)

Nix likes this.
  9. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean the day. Busy weeks to come with days without internet connection ;)

10. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

Announcements will be made as to when the sale is taking place. We want people to know about it.

11. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

You mean the price right? Although a $140 discount would be pretty nice.... ;) :p

darkon likes this.
  12. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Me too, I find myself that busy these days that I may miss the 24 hour period :eek:

darkon likes this.
  13. dmnkhhn

dmnkhhn Active Member

I really appreciate your replies, thanks guys. :)

I guess the best thing I can do is sit and wait.

14. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Just to be sure: prices are in $ only right? So $140 = €106.6 (atm) ?

15. Steffi

Steffi Active Member

Yes. :p

16. Phases

Phases Active Member

I would like to think that earlier adopters are helping the product to evolve into something everyone wants, sooner rather than later - which is why I may buy a copy myself whether I intend on using it seriously or not.

Ashley likes this.
  17. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Today just SFR=USD 1.0025
    Therefore xf for $ 100.- / sFR 100.25 are less than a nightdinner. :D

18. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

$100 is about £65 in UK money which is a steal for such great software.

James and dutchbb like this.