Special discount for the rest of us?

dmnkhhn

First of all, thank you for announcing the availability and the pricing. :)

The discount is great for most of us but users like me rely on a translation and ordering a product without knowing when (and if) a translation will be available is like buying a cat in a bag.

One thing I've learned from a competitive product: Never buy a cat in a bag and that's the reason I am not going to buy XenForo right from the start.

That means, of course, I am missing the opportunity to get this piece of software at a very good price.

So my question is: Will there be another discount as soon as XenForo is mature enough to have a fully localized version in sight? :)

Will there be another discount as soon as XenForo is mature enough to have a fully localized version in sight? :)
To the contrary, by the time XenForo matures its price might go up slightly. You never know $140 might be considered a discounted price by then. There are no butts about $100. You simply can't beat it. Why wait if you can afford it?

First of all, thank you for announcing the availability and the pricing. :)

The discount is great for most of us but users like me rely on a translation and ordering a product without knowing when (and if) a translation will be available is like buying a cat in a bag.

One thing I've learned from a competitive product: Never buy a cat in a bag and that's the reason I am not going to buy XenForo right from the start.

That means, of course, I am missing the opportunity to get this piece of software at a very good price.

So my question is: Will there be another discount as soon as XenForo is mature enough to have a fully localized version in sight? :)

I don't think you need worry, no doubt people will be working on translations from day one. Maybe if we knew what translation you are after?

They are selling it as is, which won't be with translations. So I doubt you can expect a discount for language packs. There are no official distributors for localized versions, so I don't see how they can offer a discount for those customers.

The discount after the sale is $140. We are having a short early adopters sale before that and understand that for some this may present a dilemma. It is clear and transparent and reasonable.

I would like to think that earlier adopters are helping the product to evolve into something everyone wants, sooner rather than later - which is why I may buy a copy myself whether I intend on using it seriously or not.

Top Bottom