XF 1.5 Spam Question & Answer CAPTCHA Error

spitz

Hello,

I am trying to set up the Q&A CAPTCHA. I've added a question and answer. When I test adding a new user, I get the error below.

Please correct the following errors:
Some fields contained unexpected data. Please try again or contact the administrator.

I've tried disabling my other spam add-ons thinking it might be related to one of those. That didn't help.

The other CAPTCHA options allow new user signups without the error. They haven't been keeping the spammers out though.

Any idea what might be happening here?

Thanks!

The issue is with the registration page, not the question and answer you have configured in the ACP.

Typically it's due to a customised/third party style/outdated template.

Have you tried removing the parentheses? Hint: starts with a C

Also "sprockets" is misspelled. :)

Thanks. Yeah, I did try it without the parentheses already, and thanks for the spelling heads up!

The issue is with the registration page, not the question and answer you have configured in the ACP.

Typically it's due to a customised/third party style/outdated template.

Thanks for the direction Brogan. I'll look into that.

Try it in a completely default style, if you are using a third party style.

That should confirm if it's the style.

Then try disabling add-ons and ensure there are no template modifications being applied to the templates.

Try it in a completely default style, if you are using a third party style.

That should confirm if it's the style.

Then try disabling add-ons and ensure there are no template modifications being applied to the templates.

You nailed it. I've confirmed it is only happening on the UI.X theme. Q&A works fine with default theme.

I even tried just the parent UI.X them with my child removed and still have the issue.

I also still have the issue with all add-ons disabled.

I checked and I am using the newest version of their theme. It seems really weird to see this on such a popular theme that hasn't been updated recently. Either way, I've submitted a ticket with the developer.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Top Bottom