Implemented Spam: Delete all posts by user and more...

zkiller

My forums have been bombarded by spam over the past week. 100's of spam accounts and countless posts. Having to go through and delete it all has proven to be very tedious work. Especially having to delete 100's of accounts 1 at a time.

It would be nice to have the option to be able to select multiple accounts from the "list users" page in the admin cp and then be able to ban or delete all of the selected accounts at a click of a button. Kind of like deleting multiple forum threads.

Also it would be nice to have the option to delete all posts by a user when deleting a post and/or when deleting a user account.

These are small things that could prove to be very powerful tools, not to mention, save me lots of time. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
My forums have been bombarded by spam over the past week. 100's of spam accounts and countless posts. Having to go through and delete it all has proven to be very tedious work. Especially having to delete 100's of accounts 1 at a time.

It would be nice to have the option to be able to select multiple accounts from the "list users" page in the admin cp and then be able to ban or delete all of the selected accounts at a click of a button. Kind of like deleting multiple forum threads.

Also it would be nice to have the option to delete all posts by a user when deleting a post and/or when deleting a user account.

These are small things that could prove to be very powerful tools, not to mention, save me lots of time. :)

I just posted those same requests. :) The AdminCP user lists with almost no information displayed (missing: #posts, #likes, date when registered, a link to their posts, etc) make deleting users guess work.

When I determine someone is a spammer ... why wouldn't I want to delete the account and the posts ?

I agree it all seems *OVERLY* manual to get rid of a spammer.

That being said ... what are you doing to avoid future spam ?

That being said ... what are you doing to avoid future spam ?
I use XenUtils, which has been pretty good up until about a week ago. Spent some time tweaking my settings today and banned a couple of IP ranges.

Currently this addon http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-messages-mass-actions.824/ could allow you to mass search posts/threads then delete/move from ACP, more features would be added in future. Anyway, this is just my suggestion because you have suggested more feature than currently it has.

Top Bottom