XF 2.1 Any way to delete all post 'content' of a user?

Chromaniac

I have this case where I must get rid of content of a user who has more than 2000 posts in his name. From my understanding, the only way to get rid of this content is to increase spam post limit to a higher level and then use spam option to delete the posts.

The problem with this is that first it is likely that XenForo would timeout before all the content is deleted. Second, I do not want threads to disappear started by this user. Even if the content of the first post is deleted… The thread title should give enough context for content posted by other members of the forum.

So, basically just looking for a way to delete all post content of a user. Assuming it is possible using a mysql command?

Last edited:
You realize, you would be attributing titles to users who did not create them. Also those threads would pick up on post #2. This makes no sense and may anger members as well, but by all means, if this is your wish, carry on. :)

better than just deleting threads that might have hundreds of posts with useful content from people who might not want their content gone just because one member decided to become super annoying and got banned and is now demanding that his content be removed from the forum. i understand that i have no legal obligation to remove his data (no personal information is posted on the forum) but i would rather not have him mail me every second day for the next couple of weeks which is what i assume is going to happen.

if no easy solution is found, i would probably use the spam user mode to delete all his posts. but honestly, i have been looking for a way to delete post content data for a long time so it would be nice to find a solution for this! cheers. :)

honestly, i am more worried about xenforo timing out leaving orphaned content on the forum if i use the spam feature to delete the posts. it does work fine on fewer number of posts. but here there are more than 2000 posts. from my understanding, xenforo tries to clean the content in one swoop rather than doing it in a phased manner like it does with internal maintenance?

i have checked threads started by this user and a few of them have quite useful information that i would not want to lose. i can save them by changing ownership to another user so that's one option.

plus there is this other problem where quoted content only can be removed manually. so overall, i have quite an annoying task on my hands.

How many threads did he create? It may be worth going through them by hand and split them off from post #1, so you have no threads he started (except single posts). THEN delete all his posts and no threads disappear. Going though them by hand also allows you to inspect each second post and create a unique thread title when you split it.

100+ threads... honestly, i would really like it if i can just get a sql command that would delete all post content of userid x. assuming it's possible the way xenforo works! going through each of them and saving the useful ones seems like too much work.

100+ threads... honestly, i would really like it if i can just get a sql command that would delete all post content of userid x. assuming it's possible the way xenforo works! going through each of them and saving the useful ones seems like too much work.

Don’t do that, that will leave orphaned date in the DB and it will mess it up.

Also there's:

User Profile Page
Find all threads by user
Enable moderation: Thread

You can delete from there as needed.

And acp Batch Update Threads

Last edited:
Don't delete anything, just change his name. Also, if you delete posts where he started a thread, you'll be deleting the whole thread.
This. All replies to a thread are children of the first post.

You would have to split off everything from post#2 on to a separate thread and then delete post #1.

Top Bottom