XF 2.2 is there any way to attribute all posts by a Guest to a current user?

@Brogan

How can I do that. Can you give me syntax?

I deleted a user who hadn't posted. Didn't bother with a Deleted Member 123456 - he got set to Guest. A current user with over 4000 posts has then now attributed to the Guest name. He is the only Guest so I know all Posts by Guest are actually the member's posts.

Willing to pay a support fee if required.

Last edited:
It's not something which is covered in ticket support.

Additionally, we would never officially recommend nor condone manual queries.

How did that happen?

I really don't know for sure. I was trying to delete a zero poster (long boring story) and somehow managed to delete the member. How her posts got attributed to the actual deleted member? Really I do not know this - perhaps a bug in an addon? I honestly can't say.

But a HUGE shoutout to @AndyB who saw this thread and reached out to help me and restore the accidentally deleted member.​

This is not the first time @AndyB has rescued me from a self-created disaster. Andy is one of those all too rare people with a heart of gold and the Xenforo and database expertise to back that up. I cannot speak highly enough about Andy or about his addons (over 300 in his catalogue at a price of $35 for as many of his addons as you want.

Last edited:
I really don't know for sure. I was trying to delete a zero poster (long boring story) and somehow managed to delete the member. How her posts got attributed to the actual deleted member? Really I do not know this - perhaps a bug in an addon? I honestly can't say.

But a HUGE shoutout to @AndyB who saw this thread and reached out to help me and restore the accidentally deleted member.​

This is not the first time @AndyB has rescued me from a self-created disaster. Andy is one of those all too rare people with a heart of gold and the Xenforo and database expertise to back that up. I cannot speak highly enough about Andy or about his addons (over 300 in his catalogue at a price of $35 for as many of his addons as you want.
@AndyB was kind enough to help me with an issue I was having as well. Totally agree with you about the heart of gold and the expertise!

Top Bottom