Spam - contact us form

tommydamic68

Hello,

Suddenly I'm getting spam via my contact us form. Is there anyway to deter this? currently running 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

How did you ban the country?

I used that site (posted in the link above) that gives you all the country’s IPs that can be dropped into the htaccess file. it can be resource intensive, but that wasn’t an issue for my set up. Using cloud flare or similar is a better way to go,but I don’t use them.

My (free) add-on "Contact Us Thread" lets you run the standard XF spam checks on content submitted via the "Contact Us" form. (Posting to a forum is optional!). You can then Akismet for automatic spam checking.

My (free) add-on "Contact Us Thread" lets you run the standard XF spam checks on content submitted via the "Contact Us" form. (Posting to a forum is optional!). You can then Akismet for automatic spam checking.

Sorry but how would that benefit me or help with my issue.

Well I've changed it ti the recaptcha and I have the "I am not a robot" box on both contact and registration, we will see how this goes. If its human spam getting thru on the contact form I'm not sure this will help.

Well I've changed it ti the recaptcha and I have the "I am not a robot" box on both contact and registration, we will see how this goes. If its human spam getting thru on the contact form I'm not sure this will help.
Still get them- must be a human and not a robot. 🤖

Hello,

Suddenly I'm getting spam via my contact us form. Is there anyway to deter this? currently running 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

Are you still having this issue? How many are you getting a day? Is your contact us form the default XF one, or a custom one?

If it is the default one, would you like to test an addon that might just solve the bots that are targeting the form?

Top Bottom