1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Spam Cleaner Permissions Setup

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Michael, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Active Member

I am wanting to allow a few of my members use the spam cleaner without being a Moderator, is this possible? If not, what specific permissions are needed to use the spam cleaner and are any usergroups a requirement?

Thank you.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's a usergroup permission, hang on, let me check...

Grant that and they can use it :)
    Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Active Member

Thank you, I have tried that but it doesnt show the spam cleaner link on anyones profiles and it shows a permission error when going directly to the spam cleaning URL. I have checked the permissions and none are set to never too.
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It definitely works for me...

Is there a spam link on the profile picture when hovering? I believe I may have only seen it there.

Otherwise, use the permissions analyser to see what the outcome of that permission is :)
    Michael likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael Active Member

Thank you, that done the trick, I hadnt saved the registered group from Never to Not Set No so it was overriding it, it is working beautifully now :)
  6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

No worries! That permissions analyser really is a life saver ;)

Michael likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael Active Member

Its my first time using it, I can see me using it a lot more often now :D So easy to track things now.