XF 1.5 Spam cleaner not working

wardsweb

This morning the spam cleaner stopped working. The pop up shows but when I click on clean up, nothing happens. The little bars move like it is working but it never stops. The clean up button greys out when clicked but after a few seconds it brightens back up.

I also find I am not able to delete the spam threads. I am able to delete other threads, just not the new spam ones.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/introductions.145/

I find I cannot delete the users even from the Admin panel.

I checked the server error logs and see 103 pages of this: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

I think I may have figured this out. Seems the Google bots started hammering the site this morning. I have throttled their crawl time and will see what happens.

Well its better but I still can't delete the spammers post. I get this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1640
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1609
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1405
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save()inXenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.phpat line977
  8. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_updateContainerPostDelete()inXenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.phpat line764
  9. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postDelete()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1779
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->delete()inXenForo/Model/InlineMod/Thread.phpat line219
  11. XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Thread->deleteThreads()inXenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.phpat line46
  12. XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Thread->actionDelete()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line351
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/audiokarma/audiokarma.org/html/forums/index.phpat line13

Are you on shared hosting? It looks like you are with Nexcess. If shared, have you asked them if you are hitting any restrictions that they have in place (like max mysql connections, etc).

The site continues to be almost unusable. Simple things like posting or moderating time out.

Can anyone here give me an idea what I should be looking for? The server company sent me the the log error below. Would raising the limit be something I would do or the server company?

PHP-FPM error log alone, account has exceeded it's limitations for this:

[14-May-2016 16:17:36] WARNING: [pool audiokarma] server reached max_children setting (128), consider raising it

Can anyone here give me an idea what I should be looking for? The server company sent me the the log error below. Would raising the limit be something I would do or the server company?
PHP-FPM error log alone, account has exceeded it's limitations for this:
[14-May-2016 16:17:36] WARNING: [pool audiokarma] server reached max_children setting (128), consider raising it
It could be... depends on if you are the "server company" maintains it. But one thing to check also is if your site is actually that busy are currently under DDOS.
Several times when I've seen that it has been due to the site being under a simple DDOS attack (mainly the WordPress pingback one). The only real resolution is to typically engage a DDOS service (Securi basically helped alleviate one that I know of).
You need to ascertain WHY it's running out of processes before you just start upping the limits. If it is due to actual verifiable traffic then that is one thing, but not for a DDOS.

There was a hanging MySQL query that was stuck in the "Killed" state. A restart of MySQL cleared it.

We are now seeing multiple inserts being constantly received, for example:

INSERT INTO xf_data_registry (data_key, data_value) VALUES (?, ?) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE data_value = VALUES(data_value)

Top Bottom