1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Space Not Ignored

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by TriPHP, Aug 26, 2010.

1. TriPHP

TriPHP Member

2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

What did you do? Just hit space and submit? I can't seem to get it to do it for me.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a non-breaking space. That should be converted to a regular space. What browser are you using, and did you paste it in?

4. TriPHP

TriPHP Member

Type something then hit enter multiple times. You can even just hit enter, without typing anything as long as your cursor is already in the textarea.

Tried it in FF, Chrome & Opera

5. TriPHP

TriPHP Member

Btw, seems that this was fixed already?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, nothing was changed...

7. TriPHP

TriPHP Member

Can't reproduce anymore in Chrome and Firefox but the problem is still there if using Opera, my version is 10.6

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

^Definitely not fixed. Using Chrome (stable) on Win 7, went to the thread linked above, copied whitespace, then pasted into Quick Reply editor. :)

If you look at the HTML source it's just a bunch of <br />s with whitespace. :) :) However if I try to do this manually in the editor, it tells me to enter a valid message. :)

10. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

11. James

James Well-Known Member

Test...

converted to normal spacing for me in Chrome 5

12. TriPHP

TriPHP Member

13. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

I would like to see this bug implemented for everyone, we could then type properly with double spacing. :)