sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

I have a large number of images uploaded to Media, showing off a work in progress. I use an album to let folks review and offer comments - then I make changes based on feedback.

What I then want to do is upload a new version of each image - replacing the old image. My hope is that all links & discussion will remain intact. But I'm not seeing that option - only an option to upload a second copy. Is there a way to do what I want? It seems very resource-intensive to be unable to replace media with new versions.

hi @sonnb,
Right now if we want to convert a thread into xengallery, we need to manually do so. Whatever images are present on that thread at that moment are then converted to xengallery.

Is it possible to add an option on there to:
- keep checking those threads for additional media which then get brought into xengallery
- automate the process so any threads that belong to certain forums get auto pulled into xengallery rather than on a manual thread by thread basis.

Reason im asking is, and im sure many other people would have this issue is that users prefer to post related images in a thread rather than uploading straight to xen gallery. Threads usually give the images the most views etc.

Would love it if you could implement these features.

Nothing? I was really hoping to get things resolved before my conference on July 11th...

I was looking at manually uploading new images, but it's terribly hard to find the right images in the media folder with all their crazy mangle names...

Anybody have thoughts on this one? @sonnb Using 2.1.6 Fix A.

In the ACP for Uploading Photos I have the "Auto-Resize Uploaded Photos" option turned on.

For my registered group I have the max file size set at 1048KB, photo width at 1920, and photo height at 1080. For my other groups like Admin & Moderators they are set to just inherit the settings.

When I attempt to upload an image that is 2225x2880 and 2565KB I get the standard "The uploaded file is too large. " error message.

Yes ... the file size is to big. ;) The pixels interest no one, but the filesize must be smaller then your setting is.
Maybe there is a language barrier here but isn't the point of the "Auto-Resize Uploaded Photos" option to avoid that kind of issue?

In xenforo - you can set the max resolution and the max file size for attachments eg.

You can than upload every picture/file with file size lower than your max file size setting in acp and the picture will be resampel in resolution to your max resolution setting if necary...

The same way it works in xenGallery from sonnb. When the file size is to big, you dont can upload your file...

With other words - files, with bigger file size as set in acp settings you dont can upload. Not as attachment nor as picture in xenGallery.

Sorry for my bad english... ;)

Hello,

I have updatet now an i miss a feature:

- in xenforo (1.3.x) i use this settings for attachments:
max. 1024 x 1024 pixel and max 5 MB Pictures become so a good small file size...150KB eg - fine.

- in the xengallery (2.1.6 FixA) i use also the same settings:
max. 1024 x 1024 pixel and max 5 MB Pictures have a truly bigger file size... over 400KB eg - not good.

I have seen, that xenforo will compress jpeg files with 85% (hardcoded, but editable), but the xengallery?

Where can i change the compress rate in xengallery? What file i must edit to change the compress rate/quality?

Or can you make a option in acp in xengallery settings to set this as admin individual (best will be, to set this per category eg)?

I have no photo forum - so we dont must have 100% quality for saved pictures. Traffic cost the user time and the site owner moneyfor bigger servers. ;)

PS. i have also posted this in your support forum: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/ability-to-change-jpeg-compress-rate.528/
There is no option to do that but it is possible to be implemented in future release.

Is it possible to upload your own videos on your own server?
That feature is not available yet.

Please rebuild content to fix that.
I have a large number of images uploaded to Media, showing off a work in progress. I use an album to let folks review and offer comments - then I make changes based on feedback.

What I then want to do is upload a new version of each image - replacing the old image. My hope is that all links & discussion will remain intact. But I'm not seeing that option - only an option to upload a second copy. Is there a way to do what I want? It seems very resource-intensive to be unable to replace media with new versions.
Nothing? I was really hoping to get things resolved before my conference on July 11th...

I was looking at manually uploading new images, but it's terribly hard to find the right images in the media folder with all their crazy mangle names...
This has been requested (if I recall exactly). It is quite interesting. Could you make a thread into the forum http://www.sonnb.com/forums/feature-requests.25/ for tracking?
hi @sonnb,
Right now if we want to convert a thread into xengallery, we need to manually do so. Whatever images are present on that thread at that moment are then converted to xengallery.

Is it possible to add an option on there to:
- keep checking those threads for additional media which then get brought into xengallery
- automate the process so any threads that belong to certain forums get auto pulled into xengallery rather than on a manual thread by thread basis.

Reason im asking is, and im sure many other people would have this issue is that users prefer to post related images in a thread rather than uploading straight to xen gallery. Threads usually give the images the most views etc.

Would love it if you could implement these features.
There is no auto option to do that. But there are 2 ways to import threads into the gallery:
- One by one by click on the import link while viewing thread. This method is useful for user who is thread owner. Only this method can select which attachments are being imported.
- Massive import by using "Import external data" in AdminCP. This method is useful for admin where he can import many threads inside a specific forums.

Anybody have thoughts on this one? @sonnb Using 2.1.6 Fix A.

In the ACP for Uploading Photos I have the "Auto-Resize Uploaded Photos" option turned on.

For my registered group I have the max file size set at 1048KB, photo width at 1920, and photo height at 1080. For my other groups like Admin & Moderators they are set to just inherit the settings.

When I attempt to upload an image that is 2225x2880 and 2565KB I get the standard "The uploaded file is too large. " error message.

Yes ... the file size is to big. ;) The pixels interest no one, but the filesize must be smaller then your setting is.

I had a unanswered wish, i think you would also have the requested feature:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...nforo-gallery-paid.54795/page-101#post-786010

... but i have no answer from sonnb. :(

Maybe there is a language barrier here but isn't the point of the "Auto-Resize Uploaded Photos" option to avoid that kind of issue?

In xenforo - you can set the max resolution and the max file size for attachments eg.

You can than upload every picture/file with file size lower than your max file size setting in acp and the picture will be resampel in resolution to your max resolution setting if necary...

The same way it works in xenGallery from sonnb. When the file size is to big, you dont can upload your file...

With other words - files, with bigger file size as set in acp settings you dont can upload. Not as attachment nor as picture in xenGallery.

Sorry for my bad english... ;)
@otto is correct. It checks for the resolution only. Just in case you put max file size 200KB, max resolution 1920x1080 then resized file will mostly be bigger than 200KB. So upload photos must not exceeds max file size but resolution can.

I have a client getting many of these errors:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php on line 1125 and defined - library/XenForo/Permission.php:27
Generated By: Aidan_(), 44 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Permission.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 27, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php(1125): XenForo_Permission::hasPermission(NULL, 'sonnb_xengaller...', 'viewAnyAlbum')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php(691): sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Album->canViewAnyAlbum(Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/AlertHandler/Album.php(48): sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Album->canViewAlbum(Array, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(267): sonnb_XenGallery_AlertHandler_Album->canViewAlert(Array, Array, Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(78): XenForo_Model_Alert->_getViewableAlerts(Array, Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php(22): XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser(10103, 'fetchRecent', Array, Array)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(38): Tapatalk_Push_Push::tapatalk_push_reply(Array, Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(9): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->Tapatalk_hook()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->_save()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(452): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Nobita/IgnoreThread/Model/Alert.php(17): XenForo_Model_Alert->alertUser(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert', NULL)
#12 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(426): Nobita_IgnoreThread_Model_Alert->alertUser(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert', NULL)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/ForumWatch.php(310): XenForo_Model_Alert::alert(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert')
#14 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(176): XenForo_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMessage(Array, NULL, Array, Array)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#16 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#17 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(477): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#18 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(426): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw()
#19 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#20 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(679): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#21 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#22 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#23 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#24 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "https://www.cointalk.com/forums/coin-chat/add-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/coin-chat/add-thread"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["title"] => string(13) "Coin Blogging"
    ["message_html"] => string(242) "<p>Howdy all,</p><p><br></p><p>So here's my question:&nbsp;where should I start a coin based blog? I know there's Google+ and Tumblr, but I would like to know where would be the best place to blog at.</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks</p><p>Aidan</p>
"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(55) "https://www.cointalk.com/forums/coin-chat/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "6c8abbb92afa4356a42c519f7085a51d"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["poll"] => array(2) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["responses"] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
        [1] => string(0) ""
      }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(31) "/forums/coin-chat/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I have a client getting many of these errors:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php on line 1125 and defined - library/XenForo/Permission.php:27
Generated By: Aidan_(), 44 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Permission.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 27, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php(1125): XenForo_Permission::hasPermission(NULL, 'sonnb_xengaller...', 'viewAnyAlbum')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Album.php(691): sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Album->canViewAnyAlbum(Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/sonnb/XenGallery/AlertHandler/Album.php(48): sonnb_XenGallery_Model_Album->canViewAlbum(Array, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(267): sonnb_XenGallery_AlertHandler_Album->canViewAlert(Array, Array, Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(78): XenForo_Model_Alert->_getViewableAlerts(Array, Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php(22): XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser(10103, 'fetchRecent', Array, Array)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(38): Tapatalk_Push_Push::tapatalk_push_reply(Array, Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(9): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->Tapatalk_hook()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->_save()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(452): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/Nobita/IgnoreThread/Model/Alert.php(17): XenForo_Model_Alert->alertUser(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert', NULL)
#12 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(426): Nobita_IgnoreThread_Model_Alert->alertUser(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert', NULL)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/ForumWatch.php(310): XenForo_Model_Alert::alert(10103, 70832, 'Aidan_()', 'post', 1946449, 'insert')
#14 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(176): XenForo_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMessage(Array, NULL, Array, Array)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#16 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#17 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(477): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#18 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(426): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw()
#19 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#20 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(679): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#21 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#22 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#23 /home/nginx/domains/cointalk.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#24 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "https://www.cointalk.com/forums/coin-chat/add-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/coin-chat/add-thread"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["title"] => string(13) "Coin Blogging"
    ["message_html"] => string(242) "<p>Howdy all,</p><p><br></p><p>So here's my question:&nbsp;where should I start a coin based blog? I know there's Google+ and Tumblr, but I would like to know where would be the best place to blog at.</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks</p><p>Aidan</p>
"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(55) "https://www.cointalk.com/forums/coin-chat/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "6c8abbb92afa4356a42c519f7085a51d"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["poll"] => array(2) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["responses"] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
        [1] => string(0) ""
      }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(31) "/forums/coin-chat/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
How about rebuilding users? $visitor['permission'] cannot be null, this user's data might be corrupted.

There is no option to do that but it is possible to be implemented in future release.
Thanks, i hope you can this add by next release - my users are confused, why we have not the same settings in forum and gallery... but file sizes with more than 300KB is a no go for us.

@otto is correct. It checks for the resolution only. Just in case you put max file size 200KB, max resolution 1920x1080 then resized file will mostly be bigger than 200KB. So upload photos must not exceeds max file size but resolution can.

@sonnb You see - for smaller file size by big resolutions is a good compressed jpeg realy better, than a uncompressed. :D ;)

Top Bottom