sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

While importing pics from a theme it imports only one pic. While trying it again with add pics tom existing theme i got:

Undefined variable: albumId
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in sonnb/XenGallery/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 164
  2. sonnb_XenGallery_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionGalleryImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/.../forum//index.php at line 13

Is there a bulk import option to import from a directory? I was using Menalto Gallery some time ago, but the pics are basically in a flat directory structure now.

View attachment 136052

No because the existing CSS code is changing everything but the color of the background button. It's adding the border color, font color etc.
Let me do it for you. Just send me the login credential.
While importing pics from a theme it imports only one pic. While trying it again with add pics tom existing theme i got:

Undefined variable: albumId
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in sonnb/XenGallery/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 164
  2. sonnb_XenGallery_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionGalleryImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/.../forum//index.php at line 13
I have answered your conversation.
Still so many bugs and no update snce october last year !?
Actually they were fixed locally but there are some features in progress so I cannot just push it up. Still working on it. So far they are minor bugs.
Is there a bulk import option to import from a directory? I was using Menalto Gallery some time ago, but the pics are basically in a flat directory structure now.
There is no option to import from a directory. This is in the backlog for future implementation.

I'm trying to use the XenPorta2 'sonnb-Xengallery-Photo Widget' and am having touble finding the options to to control the slider ... I know it says that it utilizes bxslider, but I can't find that either.

I can see the widget configurator (shown in attached picture), but I cannot find the controls listed below that control size, pagination, rendering modes, slide speed, etc;

Does anyone know where I can find that configurator?

upload_2016-7-7_12-18-13.webp

upload_2016-7-7_12-19-27.webp

upload_2016-7-7_12-20-24.webp

So far they are minor bugs.

Sorry, but i do not agree. I have lots of really bothering bugs and promised functions that do not work, such as the importer from threads that imports just the first post and nothing else...or the fact that, if you insert pics from your albums into a post, that after scrolling it happens many times that the chosen pic gets posted 2-4 times after clicking it and causes lots of work to delete. Or the fact that any post with images out of a XenGallery is editable only faticous in ASCII/BB Code mode otherwise it gets totally blown up. I could continue with lots of more but i guess you know already what's the issues.

I expect a clear statement when all this issues will be fixed or when you otherwise will pay back the money for that "alpha version" of XenGallery....

To people who also used the Xenforo Media Gallery, which one do you prefer between this 2?
I like different things about both.. and am literally torn down the middle.. I ultimately decided on XFMG only because it came with official support and had a few more third party options.. But i will say i miss XenGallery and think its a better product.. I recently reinstalled the XenGallery licence on a new forum and forg how awesome it is and how much i missed ir.. I just wish the video upload plugin wasn't a separate purchase...

Also when i first installed XenGallery my members where uploading pictures like crazy when i installed XFMG and imported all the albums from XenGallery nobody uploaded anything for weeks and even well over a year later the media pages are not nearly as active as th ey used to be with XenGallery. But both do what they are supposed to..

Last edited:
I hope this thread is still active!

I have all the files uploaded in the appropriate locations, however when I go to install the add on with the xml file, the request times out and throws a 502. No errors are logged in my server log... Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction??

This happened once before with another add on but I got around it as the add on did not complete installation but it appeared within the add ons list. So I was able to update the add on with the same xml file and that worked. In this case the add on does not appear in the list.

Thanks in advance

To people who also used the Xenforo Media Gallery, which one do you prefer between this 2?
I use both at same time in two diferent forums. I think, at times from WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and co - both are out from a other IT age.

A gallery for today should be a litle bit handy when peopel use it with there smartphone - and the biggest point the most forum communitys are a lot smaller than Facebook, Instagram, ... the peopel find here friends on the big social communitys and not on our forums.

Both gallerys are ok, both work like they should work, but both are only old-scool gallerys. :)

sonnb updated sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) with a new update entry:

Collection improvement and bug fixes

- New features:
+ Collection improvements
* Your moderators who has the manage collection permission now able to manage the collections directly in the frontend, including: Edit, Create and Delete.
* The thumbnail could be uploaded directly, not only pasting the image URL. Your image will not be resized so consider upload suitable size only.
* The brand new cover for collection. You can upload image directly or insert image from URL. Your image will not be resized...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How about nested albums? Is that possible now? I can't figure it out, if it is.
You can do nested Category which stores your albums but not the nested album. Why you need the nested album?
I'm trying to use the XenPorta2 'sonnb-Xengallery-Photo Widget' and am having touble finding the options to to control the slider ... I know it says that it utilizes bxslider, but I can't find that either.

I can see the widget configurator (shown in attached picture), but I cannot find the controls listed below that control size, pagination, rendering modes, slide speed, etc;

Does anyone know where I can find that configurator?

View attachment 137278

View attachment 137279

View attachment 137280
You cannot configure these properties unless you modify the XML yourself. It is not supposed to be edited.
I like different things about both.. and am literally torn down the middle.. I ultimately decided on XFMG only because it came with official support and had a few more third party options.. But i will say i miss XenGallery and think its a better product.. I recently reinstalled the XenGallery licence on a new forum and forg how awesome it is and how much i missed ir.. I just wish the video upload plugin wasn't a separate purchase...
It is not a separated purchase. Video upload is free if you purchased XenGallery. The only reason to keep them separated is to not make the core add-on becomes too heavy which might not interested for others.
I hope this thread is still active!

I have all the files uploaded in the appropriate locations, however when I go to install the add on with the xml file, the request times out and throws a 502. No errors are logged in my server log... Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction??

This happened once before with another add on but I got around it as the add on did not complete installation but it appeared within the add ons list. So I was able to update the add on with the same xml file and that worked. In this case the add on does not appear in the list.

Thanks in advance
During the first installation, it will import the default camera data that contains thousand of queries. Therefore just make sure you do not have too low value of timeout in your configuration (web and db). You can edit them to a higher value and revert back when the add-on is completely installed. I will note this for further improvement.

Hi,

does this Addon support both
a) global categorized galleries where everyone can add images,
and
b) albums specific to a user (eg. reachable in the user profile) ?

Is it hard to switch from XFMG TO Xengallery - what of my existing members photos and albums? I own both and am thinking of switching back to Xengallery.

Hi,

does this Addon support both
a) global categorized galleries where everyone can add images,
and
b) albums specific to a user (eg. reachable in the user profile) ?
a. Category does not store contents directly. It only stores the album. But you can categorize your photos using Collection, you can create collection and associate the photos/albums to the collection you want.
b. Albums are belong to the user, this is the way XenGallery works.

Is it hard to switch from XFMG TO Xengallery - what of my existing members photos and albums? I own both and am thinking of switching back to Xengallery.
It has the XFMG importer so it is easy to switch.

@sonnb heya there,

In terms of bugs, since some time ago the Criteria for trophies and such that exists for when the user sets its profile cover. I have tested, rebuilt my caches and such, is that fixed on last update? I couldn't check.

Top Bottom