sonnb - See post's links permission

sonnb - See post's links permission 1.1.4

No permission to download
So with Post Rating disabled, it works? With Post Rating enable, it won't work (you could see the links)? I need more information to help you out.

Hi,

I am using XF 1.24 and I have problems to make the right settings. TMS is installed by the way.

What I would like to achieve is to hide links for guests/unconfirmed visitors. No likes or postings for this shall be required for any kind of usergroup.

So I went into ACP, choose for Checking Condition based on postings and in the posting field set it to zero. All forums except 2 are enabled.

In the usergroup permission, I choose for "Bypass See Links Check" for unregistered "not set" (=no) and for registered "yes" (green=yes)

But I can still see as a visitor all the links.

What did I do wrong?

As a side note: Is there a possibility to display a message to say "Join now to see links" or similar ?

Hi,

I am using XF 1.24 and I have problems to make the right settings. TMS is installed by the way.

What I would like to achieve is to hide links for guests/unconfirmed visitors. No likes or postings for this shall be required for any kind of usergroup.

So I went into ACP, choose for Checking Condition based on postings and in the posting field set it to zero. All forums except 2 are enabled.

In the usergroup permission, I choose for "Bypass See Links Check" for unregistered "not set" (=no) and for registered "yes" (green=yes)

But I can still see as a visitor all the links.

What did I do wrong?

As a side note: Is there a possibility to display a message to say "Join now to see links" or similar ?
Because post count = 0. Guest has post count equal 0 :). How about put 1 there? You can customize the phrases.

Because post count = 0. Guest has post count equal 0 :). How about put 1 there? You can customize the phrases.

I did that now and it works.

If I want to change the text in the phrases, how can I add a clickable link to the registration page within that phrase?

I tried
Code:
<a href="index.php/register/">Register</a>
but this does not work. It shows as normal text.
Code:
{register}
does not work neither...

This phrase is being used in pre-render process so you should use BBCode there. So instead of using:
Code:
You should use:
Code:
[URL=index.php/register/]Register[/URL]

This phrase is being used in pre-render process so you should use BBCode there. So instead of using:
Code:
You should use:
Code:
[URL=index.php/register/]Register[/URL]

Thanks. this code worked with the full url (incl. the www.)

Is there a way with this addon to block the same way also youtube videos and embedded images from flickr et alii?

It requires an update to the addon.

Hi

does that mean you are planning to integrate that in the next update?

If you do that, I would have a "wish list": Would it be possibel to have different phrases, depending on what is hidden? i.e. one pahrse for videos and a different phrase for images and a third different pharse for normal links.

Thanks to this we could better customize the text to make it even better for seducing guests to register ;)

Thanks

Hi

does that mean you are planning to integrate that in the next update?

If you do that, I would have a "wish list": Would it be possibel to have different phrases, depending on what is hidden? i.e. one pahrse for videos and a different phrase for images and a third different pharse for normal links.

Thanks to this we could better customize the text to make it even better for seducing guests to register ;)

Thanks
I do not imply anything yet. Just mean that it is not available yet :D

Top Bottom