sonnb - Live Thread

sonnb - Live Thread 1.2.0

No permission to download
Sorry I was frustrated at the time, it took a long time to track down.

if enabled the user activity addon breaks (showing who has read thread and who is currently viewing) and it also breaks the right column of the homepage, the calendar items no longer show up. as well it changes (badly) the links to give reputation

i don't know for sure if there's more, I've asked my other admin and am awaiting response.

Last edited:
I have a problem with this. This addon breaks several other addons we have. is it going to be updated at all?

Sorry I was frustrated at the time, it took a long time to track down.

if enabled the user activity addon breaks (showing who has read thread and who is currently viewing) and it also breaks the right column of the homepage, the calendar items no longer show up. as well it changes (badly) the links to give reputation

i don't know for sure if there's more, I've asked my other admin and am awaiting response.
It does not break that add-on, it is because that add-on does not support Live Thread. Live thread use separated action (Live rather default Index), the above add-on does support Index but not Live, but it still inject template which leads missing information on template. I will happy to change it for you if you can post it here or via conversation.

As far as I can work out, this mod makes my forum automatically save users posts as draft posts when they are typing, resulting in the autosaved post appearing on almost every reply they try to make...

upload_2015-4-27_18-8-17.webp

As far as I can work out, this mod makes my forum automatically save users posts as draft posts when they are typing, resulting in the autosaved post appearing on almost every reply they try to make...

View attachment 104822

Was this ever corrected? This was a long time issue and I stopped using the add-on.
Now that this is the seemingly only live thread add-on with support, I am hoping that @sonnb will make sure its tip top. I've donated before and will donate again to keep this add-on working.

Was this ever corrected? This was a long time issue and I stopped using the add-on.
Now that this is the seemingly only live thread add-on with support, I am hoping that @sonnb will make sure its tip top. I've donated before and will donate again to keep this add-on working.
I believe it was. I can release a fix immediately if you report it again. Thanks.

Reactions: the
@sonnb Is this still being maintained ?

Bug report.. Quotes don't work with with this addon on xenforo 1.5.8.. however multi quotes do..

Last edited:
Reactions: the
@sonnb any update on fixing the bug I mentioned ?

UPDATE..

Quotes do not work properly with @cclaerhout TinyMCE Quattro addon..

I've narrowed it down to this..

Multi quotes work and the stock 'quote me' function works, but not when using the reply, quoting this message function..

Last edited:
Is this add-on maintained still? Does the copyright sit next to the Xenforo copyright or is it in each thread in various places? I am looking for an addon that would be cool to use as an AMA style. Then I remembered this addon but it seems the description isn't really updated and no much going on here with a last update in April of 2015. Is there improvements in the works? Before I try it out I would like to know what the future of this addon is. Thank you!

Hi,

I am interested in this addon, but I do not understand exactly how it works.

I installed it and made my settings for a very specific forum only. I set the time for renewal to 5 seconds. I then logged in with 2 different accounts. Person 1 was writing something, Person 2 was just looking without touching anything.

Person 2 could not see the postings after these 5 seconds. He had to reload the page. So does this not work like a chatroom without hitting the browser each time?

Who is running this addon?

Top Bottom