XF 2.2 Something went wrong...but who knows what...

mjda

I was trying to view a thread today and was met with the following error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.

The problem is, I am the administrator, logged in as an administrator, and no errors are showing up in the error log. Can someone, please, let me know what I should check, or where I should go from here to find the problem?

Solution
Evidently there was an error during the import process (phpBB to XF2) and some of the posts didn't get imported. So the issue here, and with over 1,000 other threads on my site, is that there are no posts to go with the thread.

I guess now I get to write an add-on that will find all those orphaned threads and delete them...🤦‍♂️
Evidently there was an error during the import process (phpBB to XF2) and some of the posts didn't get imported. So the issue here, and with over 1,000 other threads on my site, is that there are no posts to go with the thread.

I guess now I get to write an add-on that will find all those orphaned threads and delete them...🤦‍♂️

Solution
Did you try the rebuild tools?

Yes, I don't think the post data was ever imported, if it even existed. Before I delete them all I'm going to build a backup on a test site of the phpBB forum and see if there were actual posts there in the first place. If it is there, I'll just write something to import the data again.

Top Bottom