Something most don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...yeah I like that your posting but is there anything that I may have done to disappoint you that you would like me to rectify?
Not complaining. I'm tripping over the 7 day policy thing (I didn't know about that) but I don't care cause your xfArcade pretty much paid for itself.

Even though it's half-finished....

This is why I'm uncomfortable selling anything online. Consumer backlash.

It's more damaging online than offline cause people will give you a bad rep and it STAYS there, easily searchable on Google.

Not complaining. I'm tripping over the 7 day policy thing (I didn't know about that) but I don't care cause your xfArcade pretty much paid for itself.

Even though it's half-finished....
I would rather not touch that topic considering how that all went.

It's more damaging online than offline cause people will give you a bad rep and it STAYS there, easily searchable on Google.
I usually don't have problems but things happen, I would rather rectify things then leave things where I'm looked at as the ******* who didn't make sure my customers were happy.

I have a test board setup of my old license that I sold, of course I have it set on localhost so I can't get into trouble. The problem is I can rectify it but no means to post them upon completion without a license.

Yes it does, I actually started this thread to explain things, I honestly didn't think it would become a plan to provide updates for mods and rectify people's ill feelings towards me.

License? Do you mean you no longer have a XenForo License? If this is the case, I could allow you to use our test site; if it would help you release a finished product for those who purchased in.

I wouldn't need anything in return. No offence, but I wasn't interested in the release of your add-ons. I guess credit would be due though as so that it could be released on the up and up.

License? Do you mean you no longer have a XenForo License? If this is the case, I could allow you to use our test site; if it would help you release a finished product for those who purchased in.

I wouldn't need anything in return. No offence, but I wasn't interested in the release of your add-ons. I guess credit would be due though as so that it could be released on the up and up.
I'm talking with someone I know on the site about having them add me to their authorized forum users so I can release mods.

You're kidding right? You, of all people, are talking about releasing something on the "up and up". Seriously? :ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes:
Oops, just re-read what you said, ignore what I was saying, thought you quoted me but you didn't. Sorry stew.

Just wanted to give an update, last week I fell on my stairs, broke a step, hit my lower back and right shoulder on the stairs. Well pain got worse after some extracurricular activities so now my shoulder is in bad shape. Have to rest it for 3 to 7 days but after that I'll get going with the intended path I am setting forth. Yes doctors orders, just got back from the ER.

Another update, taking tramadol so I'll be good at least but will be slow, the effects of the meds can cause mistakes in code so I don't want to rush it.

Just wanted to say I feel your pain (on the moving on thing, not the whole falling down stairs thing).

I have made decisions that made people unhappy with me, especially as it comes to money and promises for software, and I've messed up big time because I didn't have my priorities straight. I've tried to learn to forgive myself for that. You seem to have it figured out. You're going down a path that is best for you, and that's what any self respecting human being should do.

You can't please everybody all of the time. Don't lose yourself too much in the wild goose chase of customer satisfaction. It's a good thing to strive for, if it doesn't interfere with your life. That's a judgment call you and only you can make. If you let other people's sense of entitlement (whether it's deserved or not) turn into extra work for you, you're setting a dangerous precedent. Stick to your guns, stay within your boundaries, and anything other than that is icing on the cake.

Um..any reason why I should get a blog? Been down the road of blogging before, hated it, felt obligated to keep it updated daily even when I had nothing to say.
Make a private blog. Private blogs are like diaries but online so you can access them anywhere.

I've only had one customer who was dissatisfied (That I know of, though most customers say they're happy with the support and product), and his reasoning was something that was obviously not supported by the style at that time.

There have been I think ~2-3 potential clients that were dissatisfied due to the approval process (I check to see if people are licensed to keep piracy of our work down) and left with hard feelings.

So consumer backlash isn't anything to really worry about. Honesty and ethics, as well as feeling a responsibility to the customer should be well enough to prevent any backlash.

I've only had one customer who was dissatisfied (That I know of, though most customers say they're happy with the support and product), and his reasoning was something that was obviously not supported by the style at that time.

There have been I think ~2-3 potential clients that were dissatisfied due to the approval process (I check to see if people are licensed to keep piracy of our work down) and left with hard feelings.

So consumer backlash isn't anything to really worry about. Honesty and ethics, as well as feeling a responsibility to the customer should be well enough to prevent any backlash.
Oh okay. Probably Anthony Parson because he's the only customer of yours I've seen you complain and argue with on here.

I think intention is the key here. I have put thousands of dollars and lots of hours of time into moving into XF and yet, in the end, it may not have been the best possible decision. No one can see the future - you did the best you can (based on your report), and now need to move on....my guess is that if XF was being actively promoted and you were selling more and more copies (at a profit), you would keep your toes dipped in! Not your fault.

Stuff happens. It would seem your ethical duty would be to:
1. Make sure it works pretty decent with the current version of XF.
2. Offer it, as it seems you have, to someone to pick up the future coding.

Even #2 is above and beyond - but it is thoughtful.

Maybe, if any when we find the XF is blasting off again, someone will be more likely to pick it up and run with it?

Put him on your ignore list and move on. Your last few posts are nothing but following him around and trashing him. Grow up.
I no longer see the trolls and suddenly XenForo is such a more peaceful place. (y)

Ironically in removing these 8 people... All the anti-XenForo post and drama post are gone. :eek:

Proving that such content here is indeed actually only the minority, limit to only a small select few. I was surprised myself that is all it took was the removal of 8 people. :eek:

I would recommend other people try it for 1 day and see if you notice a difference in XenForo.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2012-09-29 12:31:33.webp
    Screenshot from 2012-09-29 12:31:33.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 68
All the anti-XenForo post and drama post are gone. :eek:

Its funny.... I have never once said anything remotely close to not liking or supporting XenForo. I personally don't like what you have done and I stated as much. I wouldn't use any other forum software, have no interest in looking elsewhere actually. All my negativity is a direct result of your pirating ways, and you acting like a victim in the entire situation, instead of taking responsibility for your actions.

I support xenForo. I like many of the people here, never had issues with anyone. I will voice my opinion about certain things <such as your nonsense>, and I'm not overly concerned about what people think about it either.

I feel privileged to be on your ignore list (considering all on their voiced their displeasure about your ripping ways, have integrity and common sense), and look forward to your advertisements about such in the future.

I made promises of updating MyPoints to include fixes and I delivered those before closing up shop. I made sure I delivered those fixes. I don't get it myself but it is happening.

Liar.

Anyone thinking of paying this guy money - or entrusting him with a forum - DON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom