Some sad news

I think, seeing Liam suffer has hit me really hard.
This is a pseudo account. Liam knew this. I am ashamed to see his posts and know now, what it all means.
Gutted.
No one should feel this way.
I am quietly devastated. We spoke about a few things, I am so saddened by this like others.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

x

First Jeremy now Liam..... Xenforo lost 2 talented people this year........this year certainly isn't looking very good int erms of people passing......Rest in Peace Liam.

This is such horrible news. It is always heartbreaking when we learn of someone whose circumstances led them to such a decision. I cannot say I knew Liam, but that does not diminish the loss of a young, bright life and one that treated so many with such kindness.

Reactions: eL_
I only heard of this now. What terrible news... I am truly shocked. I did not know Liam, only happened to use some of his add-ons in my website. Yet reading through this thread revealed to me what a kind soul he was. Truly, truly saddening... My heart goes out to the family and close ones affected by this.
Depression is such a devastating beast, one that a healthy individual cannot really grasp. I can only imagine what goes through the mind of those suffering from it, and how difficult it must be to cope with it - not to mention seek help. I sincerely hope that one day we would find a way to defeat this demon once and for all.

Rest in peace, Liam. Thank you for your contributions to our world, regardless of how big or small they were. I hope you are at peace now.

I'm afraid it falls to me to announce the untimely passing of @Liam W late last week.

Liam was a valued member of this community and a talented programmer, who had worked closely with XenForo Ltd. fixing bugs and consulting on new features.

All of his add-on releases will continue to be available under the terms of the MIT license.

He will be greatly missed and our thoughts are with those he leaves behind.
Sorry to hear about his. RIP

Suicide, as a military veteran, has taken so much from me—but I completely understand from his last letter where he was coming from.
I don't want to make this about me, but I lost another one today. It really hurts everyone around you, whether you think so or not.

Please message me if any thoughts and we'll just talk until the sunrise or sunset.

RIP Liam and today, CM

OMG, I just came across this. Late to the thread as usual but this time I took a hiatus to clear my head. Anyway, Liam was a great guy, he helped me figure out bugs on some of my projects and I truly appreciated his help and appreciated him as a human being. This community won't be the same without him around.

Life is so short and precious. I hope that someday we understand what occurs in the human mind that causes this to happen. Such a talented individual with a bright future who is here today and gone tomorrow. It really is tragic to say the least.

Top Bottom