Some questions..

Daniel-SP

Hello guys,

I've been following you all and I would like to ask the following:

- Is that possible to attach a RM license after the purchase of my main Xenforo purchase for the same ($60) price? Just to be clear, the community Im looking to lauch will only have resouces like tutorials but since I cannot have access to the tutorials as a "free" member, I'm not secure enough buy before see properly how they look like.

- Just another question regarding the "free" members: Why a person registered on this board without a license can't simply see an attached image on any thread? I have been following many topics for ages and I can't just see images atachments because of "lack of permission".

I'm getting my license asap, anyway, I'm just curious because I don't think avoiding free members to see attached images on posts or how a tutorial look like in the RM will force someone pay $140,00 for a license.

I'm getting my license asap, anyway, I'm just curious because I don't think avoiding free members to see attached images on posts or how a tutorial look like in the RM will force someone pay $140,00 for a license.
The purpose of restricting the access to the attached images or tutorials is not to force someone to purchase a copy. It is to help prevent the pirates from coming to the forum and getting free support for unpaid software. Most of what is posted there is for use by XenForo forum owners.

If you want to see what it looks like for unregistered users, there are plenty of people using it that do not restrict it. All you have to do is ask for some example sites. I just recently purchased it for one of my forums and am in the process of implementing it. It's open to all users to see/use. Non-registered users cannot upload anything to the resource but they can view them.

The purpose of restricting the access to the attached images or tutorials is not to force someone to purchase a copy. It is to help prevent the pirates from coming to the forum and getting free support for unpaid software. Most of what is posted there is for use by XenForo forum owners.

If you want to see what it looks like for unregistered users, there are plenty of people using it that do not restrict it. All you have to do is ask for some example sites. I just recently purchased it for one of my forums and am in the process of implementing it. It's open to all users to see/use. Non-registered users cannot upload anything to the resource but they can view them.

I completely understand your points and Im sure its not to force someone to buy the software.. But, let me get an example:

Check this post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/need-customization.61294/page-18#post-730331

As a "free" user, I can't see the image of this customization.. I don't see any kind of image attachment that can prevent me from "pirateing" the software...

About the RM, you are completely right, anyway, we need to agree that seeing from the retailer, out- of the box , without any customization is way better than any other user that could simply have done any configuration to improve or did any mistake with the core code and make myselft have a worng opinion of the original software piece.

Anyway, regarding the RM, I have already seen that some coding tips are open for all uers and now Im confortable to see that without any restriction :)

As a "free" user, I can't see the image of this customization.. I don't see any kind of image attachment that can prevent me from "pirateing" the software...
Actually, you can see the thumbnail, but just can't see the full image. That's just the way the system is set up here. I can see where curiosity would make those interested want to see them.

About the RM, you are completely right, anyway, we need to agree that seeing from the retailer, out- of the box , without any customization is way better than any other user that could simply have done any configuration to improve or did any mistake with the core code and make myselft have a worng opinion of the original software piece.
Anyway, regarding the RM, I have already seen that some coding tips are open for all uers and now Im confortable to see that without any restriction :)
In most areas even as an unregistered user you can see examples of the base resources from the main RM screen.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-by-waindigo.891/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-smilies.2488/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/ui-x-antiquark.2454/
are just some examples. Where you are limited is in the discussion areas themselves - where all you can see typically are the thumbnails.
There are some ways you can get around it as the forum/RM owner on your site but again, it's not really done much differently than any other official commercial forum support site. I go to VB's site and I face a lot (usually more) of the same restrictions.

Top Bottom