Some questions I haven't seen yet

Elizabeth

Smilies: What would be interesting is how the smilies are added. Do I need to worry about adding them the same way phpbb adds them or will they be added in a similar manner as vb? Can they be sorted similar to vb or put in one lump mass like phpbb?  Or added as a zip file like smf? (only forums I've used)

Avatar: If someone  opts to use an avatar, is there a way to add others for them to chose from or is it a "upload your own"/gravatar option only? 

Member Title: Can it be set in the admin panel so that you can have a custom user title? Or how is that done?   I'm seeing custom titles here but no clue as to how it happens. 

I know I'll come up with more but the biggest one has to wait til I can see the back end at least in demo. And that is the designing part of it.

Liz 

You add them just by uploading them. Then in the acp, you give them the title, replacement text, and type in the url.
No you can't sort them like you can in vB, which is rather disappointing. But I'm currently trying to convince M&K that smilies are extremely important to alot of us. :D

I'm hoping that in future versions, we'll be able to add them by browse as well as having a smiley manager with which to sort and categorize them (yes, like in vB). :)

Smilies: What would be interesting is how the smilies are added. Do I need to worry about adding them the same way phpbb adds them or will they be added in a similar manner as vb? Can they be sorted similar to vb or put in one lump mass like phpbb? Or added as a zip file like smf? (only forums I've used)
They have to be added individually. It is a bit of a pain if you have a load of smilies. (Though right now, the smilie picker in the editor probably wouldn't support a huge amount of smilies.)

Avatar: If someone opts to use an avatar, is there a way to add others for them to chose from or is it a "upload your own"/gravatar option only?
Upload your own/gravatar only. There are no plans for an "avatar gallery".

Member Title: Can it be set in the admin panel so that you can have a custom user title? Or how is that done? I'm seeing custom titles here but no clue as to how it happens.
Permission for users to set their own or it can be set via the ACP.

You add them just by uploading them. Then in the acp, you give them the title, replacement text, and type in the url.
No you can't sort them like you can in vB, which is rather disappointing. But I'm currently trying to convince M&K that smilies are extremely important to alot of us. :D

I'm hoping that in future versions, we'll be able to add them by browse as well as having a smiley manager with which to sort and categorize them (yes, like in vB). :)
Sorting them makes life SO much easier. Esp when you have as many as I do. I like to disable the categories I don't use during certain parts of the year, like the holiday ones and having them in categories makes that chore so much easier. If I have all my Christmas ones in one group, just disable the group rather than go looking thru all the smilies for all the Christmas ones. 

Maybe someone will make a mod for that?

Liz 

Sorting them makes life SO much easier. Esp when you have as many as I do. I like to disable the categories I don't use during certain parts of the year, like the holiday ones and having them in categories makes that chore so much easier. If I have all my Christmas ones in one group, just disable the group rather than go looking thru all the smilies for all the Christmas ones. 

Maybe someone will make a mod for that?

Liz 
one can hope! (and I do). I really love the smiley manager and categories.

Top Bottom