some questions before buying

Hristo Avramov

1.Can I install locally xenforo on my computer with xaamp without license? I need to test seome things before buying it, yes I know there is demo, but I want to test changing my phpbb3 to xenforo locally.
2.is there discount if I purchase 2 licenses for 2 forums?
3. My phpbb3 urls are like this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7825
What code should I add in htaccess to make proper redirects?

1. No, you must first purchase a license.
2. Discounts start with the purchase of your 3rd license.
3. I believe there is redirect scripts in the resource manager, but many members here can help you get redirects from phpBB to XenForo.

1. No, a license is required to access the downloads.
2. I believe bulk discounts start at 3 licenses.
3. There are redirectors in the Resource Manager. It isn't a case of simply editing the htaccess files, they have to be remapped to the correct threads as well.

1.Can I install locally xenforo on my computer with xaamp without license? I need to test seome things before buying it, yes I know there is demo, but I want to test changing my phpbb3 to xenforo locally.
There are several members (myself included) who have converted from phpBB3 to Xenforo. It's pretty straightforward and you'll never look back once you make the move. :D

Hey your avatar has no head?! Don't worry Xenforo won't cost you an arm and a leg. But I got to hand it to you and give a thumbs up! You'll love Xenforo.
Yeah it does... because 1 form leads to 2 forums... leads to 3 forums... leads to 4 forums (where I'm just about to start at). :ROFLMAO:
Then, you have to add all the associated paid add-ons that go with it :p - and the fact that the forum may not take off (for me that doesn't matter - I do it for something to keep me busy).

I have to agree tho'... as for paid scripts, you get what you pay for with xenForo.

Yeah it does... because 1 form leads to 2 forums... leads to 3 forums... leads to 4 forums (where I'm just about to start at). :ROFLMAO:
Then, you have to add all the associated paid add-ons that go with it :p - and the fact that the forum may not take off (for me that doesn't matter - I do it for something to keep me busy).

I have to agree tho'... as for paid scripts, you get what you pay for with xenForo.
What's the point of opening so many forums? wouldn't it be more productive to put all your time and effort on one subject and develop it from there?

Thank you for the kind words people :). I dont have a head cause I was in a hurry to register here and chose the quickest register with facebook :p.
One last question, I want to purchase the bookmaker mod, after purchasing can I use this mod on only 1 forum like xenforo or I can on all (if I purchase more forums).

Thank you for the kind words people :). I dont have a head cause I was in a hurry to register here and chose the quickest register with facebook :p.
One last question, I want to purchase the bookmaker mod, after purchasing can I use this mod on only 1 forum like xenforo or I can on all (if I purchase more forums).

That's up to the addon developer which I believe is @Syndol but I believe like with most paid addons it is one addon license per site (test installation not included in the one site rule same as with xF).

What's the point of opening so many forums? wouldn't it be more productive to put all your time and effort on one subject and develop it from there?
I have a wide breadth of topics that I'm interested in (motorcycles, Apple technology, off-road vehicles, hunting (no forum done), fishing (no forum), cellular tech (no forum) , cigar aficionado (no forum) - and then the fourth will be the Mustang related forum for my son). Since I'm retired - and this is my hobby - I have time and the effort is about the same.

Last edited:
AFAIK there is no redirect script in the resource manager for standard phpBB, but there is thread explaining the htaccess rules here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/phpbb-import-url-redirect.32123/

There is one for phpBB SEO URLs though, if you use that mod.

Thanks, I found this thread in google, but I dont understand, at the end there is post with some code, is that the right code?
I am not using seo urls, the normal phpbb3 urls. So basically if I have a thread ending like this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=818 , will it redirect right even if the new url with xenforo is the title of the topic?
Do I have to do something else besides copying that code in my htaccess

After purchasing xenforo license do I get updates until xenforo exists or only for 1 year? Cause I read somewhere its only for the first year. After that I cant update the software?
1 year after purchase, and for base software forum software/updates it is $40 for each additional year after the first one.
Additional add-ons (like the Resource Manager) will add to that base yearly update.

You won't be able to update, but you'll be able to use the latest version when your license expires. So, if it expires when 1.2.1 is the latest version, you will be locked into that version until you renew, but you can run it for as long as you like.

You never lose access to the forums as long as you own a license.

Top Bottom