1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 [solved] receive no e-mails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Zeilenschreiber, May 7, 2014.

1. Like the topic says, i get no e-mails. Not, if there is a new post and not, when someone dropped a line via contact-formula.

My Email Transport Method settings are:
    send via smtp
    i insert the correct user name and the correct password (checked this several times)
    i insert the correct server address to send over ssl and i entered the correct port (checked this several times)
    at last i hit the button encryption ssl

i also checked the configuration when setting up the new e-mail address in outlook, further i do receive e-mails from other people outside the forum.

There are no error messages, when i log into the ACP. I am stumped about this - hope experienced users can help me.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to check the error messages on the actual email server to determine why they aren't sending or contact the email host.
    Zeilenschreiber likes this.
  3. You won't believe it - problem was a filter in outlook, i wrote by myself some years ago. But hey - now i know all about the possible modulations ;)

Thank you, Jeremy.