Resource icon

Solve Media 1.0

No permission to download

TylerSM

TylerSM submitted a new resource:

Solve Media (version 1.0) - Solve Media CAPTCHA plug-in for XenForo

By popular demand, Solve Media's CAPTCHA service is now available as a Xenforo add-on. Forum owners can choose between security only, easier-to-read CAPTCHA, or they may allow advertising to turn a CAPTCHA into a monetizeable placement.

All you need is a free set of Solve Media API keys and our XenForo add-on. Just follow our simple installation instructions and...

Read more about this resource...

Files upped, installed XML, all wonderful, keys in place and then.........

sm1e_01.webp

sm1e_02.webp

... no option at all for Solve Media in ACP > Options > User Registration

Cache cleared.
Logged in/out/back in etc.
Nowt o_O

Hi Trilogy33,

Thanks for your interest in our add-on.

I see that you have the KeyCaptcha add-on installed. Unfortunately, because of the way in which KeyCaptcha installs itself (by directly writing the option list to the database), the callback which is provided by XenForo to add a 3rd-party CAPTCHA option to this list does not run. This means that our add-on (as well as any other human verification add-on which uses this callback) cannot add itself to the list.

Unfortunately, the only course of action I can provide is to uninstall the KeyCaptcha add-on. Once you have done this, the original option group should be restored, and our option (and any other human verification add-on which uses this XenForo-provided callback) should appear in the list.

Regards,
Tyler

Thank you Tyler :)
uninstall the KeyCaptcha add-on. Once you have done this, the original option group should be restored, and our option (and any other human verification add-on which uses this XenForo-provided callback) should appear in the list.
I've just this second replicated that on a test environment and it's fine. :)

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for updating this for XF. Are you able to provide any rough figures with regards to what percentage of captcha's displayed on registration pages would be revenue generating? And then what the revenue range is?

I'm trying to get an idea of how many registration it would take before the $200 payout threshold is reached.

FAQs said:
Why am I unable to complete the puzzles and see a 'banned ip' error?
This error typically occurs when the IP address that is being passed during the verification step is not the user's IP. When a request comes in from the user's browser (on your site) to our systems for a Solve Media Puzzle, we log the IP address of that challenge request. Subsequently, when you validate that particular challenge, you also send us the same end user's IP. In this way we confirm that the person answering the puzzle is the same person requesting it. What we're seeing from your servers however is the following: lots of various IPs making the challenge request, and only a small set of IPs being used over and over on the verification step.

Could there be any potential registration issues with multiple users from the same IP address registering within a short space of time or even at the same time from different computers on the same network?

Thanks

Could there be any potential registration issues with multiple users from the same IP address registering within a short space of time or even at the same time from different computers on the same network?

Thanks
I believe this would mainly be an issue with PPPoE or other proxy users who have their IP change a lot. I've noticed this is very common for users in Singapore specifically.

I'm not quite sure why they would have an IP check, there are more reliable methods for confirming a user between requests.

I'm also a bit skeptical about SolveMedia's security, just handing out the answer in plain text:
iBZkOyzeel8oq.png

Hi Tyler,
Thanks for updating this for XF. Are you able to provide any rough figures with regards to what percentage of captcha's displayed on registration pages would be revenue generating? And then what the revenue range is?

I'm trying to get an idea of how many registration it would take before the $200 payout threshold is reached.

Please allow me to refer you to one of our knowledge base articles, which should help to answer your question: What sort of payout should I expect?

Thanks

We don't believe so. If you believe some of your users are being blocked erroneously, please contact support and we will look into the issue.

tyler how can we monetize it or get revenue from solvemedia?
can you explain further?

Sure. When utilizing our CAPTCHA unit, a percentage of the creatives displayed to the user are branded advertising creatives (we refer to these as being "revenue-bearing"). When a user successfully solves a revenue-bearing CAPTCHA, the advertiser pays us and we share that revenue with you. It doesn't take any additional work from you once the widget is in place, and there is no cost to sign up.

For a little more detail, I'll also refer you to this link: What sort of payout should I expect? You can also visit the Publishers section of our website which contains more information as well.

Sure. When utilizing our CAPTCHA unit, a percentage of the creatives displayed to the user are branded advertising creatives (we refer to these as being "revenue-bearing"). When a user successfully solves a revenue-bearing CAPTCHA, the advertiser pays us and we share that revenue with you. It doesn't take any additional work from you once the widget is in place, and there is no cost to sign up.

For a little more detail, I'll also refer you to this link: What sort of payout should I expect? You can also visit the Publishers section of our website which contains more information as well.

if one user solves the revenue bearing captch let say ANTIVIRUS company.
how much will i get profit?

if one user solves the revenue bearing captch let say ANTIVIRUS company.
how much will i get profit?

This depends on the rate the specific advertiser is paying to us and varies from advertiser to advertiser, so it's very difficult to predict. The knowledge base article which I posted has the best information we can give you on this subject.

This depends on the rate the specific advertiser is paying to us and varies from advertiser to advertiser, so it's very difficult to predict. The knowledge base article which I posted has the best information we can give you on this subject.

Hi tyler

can you update the solvemedia plugin with
-USER Q&A and SolveMedia

that way we can add a user question and solvemedia
thats a perfect combination :)

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't caught up on this thread in a little while.

swatme,
Implementing a second human verification system is outside the scope of our plugin. We find that using more than one CAPTCHA unit on the same page only serves to frustrate users; moreover, it may not even be possible given the way XenForo plugins work.

giorgino,
Our unit is able to be localized in a number of different languages, including Italian. Unfortunately, at the current time we do not have any advertisers targeting Italian traffic, though this may change in the future as we expand into new markets.

@TylerSM I think you guys should update this for 1.2. I'm having a wierd bug on 1.2.x with SolveMedia.

Thing is, I was using the latest version of SolveMedia, which is 1.0.1

Some users reported problems with SolveMedia's communication system in xf1.2. I've been able to reproduce what my user commented, and I'll be sending you guys an e-mail.

I'd love to continue using this plugin, but it doesn't seem like you guys are managing it much.

Top Bottom