[SolidMean] CloudFlare Detect

[SolidMean] CloudFlare Detect 1.1.1

No permission to download
Excellent!

What about the possibility of a CloudFare HTTP/2 Server Push plugin as well? A bit off topic here, but I just thought I would mention it.

What about the possibility of a CloudFare HTTP/2 Server Push plugin as well?
The HTTP/2 Server Push stuff is currently flaky as hell.

I've got a private add-on done which implements the concept (doesn't grab all initial URLs that it could), but it isn't reliable since CloudFlare just randomly stops honouring the headers.

What is the benefit in that? Or, why wouldn't you just put your site in SSL, whether it's in CloudFlare or not?

I think if you're running SSL, you should probably be using the nginx or Apache modules that solve the problem that this addon mediates.

The instructions list the installation instructions. The option s don't nor.ally need to be updated unless Cloudflare adds new IP addtesses

Hi @SneakyDave,

I'm curious about your mention of how the config.php directive isn't a very good solution, do you mind fleshing that out a little bit?

Also, is it just the webserver level solutions that are the better choice, or does this add-on have benefits over the config.php directive as well?

And thanks for your hard work maintaining a free add-on. :)

Hi @SneakyDave,

I'm curious about your mention of how the config.php directive isn't a very good solution, do you mind fleshing that out a little bit?

Also, is it just the webserver level solutions that are the better choice, or does this add-on have benefits over the config.php directive as well?

And thanks for your hard work maintaining a free add-on. :)

If you have a web server solution, I'd use that because it should be faster and it would support other sites that you may have on Cloudflare.

This addon works better than adding a couple of lines to your config file because it verifies that the IP that has set the HTTP_CF_CONECTING_IP is from the Cloudflare network. Changing the config.php file only just looks to see if the HTTP_CF_CONECTING_IP value has a value, which could be set from any host.

No idea. It's a small amount of php code, no database queries, so I don't know what would cause that.

It uses the same code that cloudflare distributes with it's WordPress plugin to determine a range of IP addresses, and I haven't seen any comments about slower WP sites using it.

Maybe it has to do with the query or something? I'm using iis. Load times are super fast then randomly all of a sudden when it appears to try to get the ip it lags out. Doesn't happen all the time. Only some times.

There aren't any queries or database calls in the add-on. The only thing it adds is php code, although it does have to add this on every page rendered, whether a member is posting or not. So there wouldn't be any "random" calls to get the IP address.

Are you installing on xf1 or xf2? This is only for xf1.

Make sure you upload the contents of the "upload" folder, not the folder itself

Top Bottom