Not a bug Soft deleted threads delete attachments

AndyB

When a member soft deletes a thread it appears that attachments contained in that thread are physically deleted. The attachments should not be physically deleted until the thread is physically deleted so in case we want to restore a soft deleted thread with attachments, the entire thread can be restored including attachments.

I can't reproduce this and I don't see how it could happen - the attachments are only actually deleted when we remove the messages.

It appears the member before soft deleting the thread actually deleted the attachment but left the attach code in the message. This had me worried there was a bug. Sorry for the incorrect bug report.

I can't reproduce this and I don't see how it could happen - the attachments are only actually deleted when we remove the messages.

A related question: does hard deleting remove attachments? We have a user that was posting dozens of images per day, all off-topic, and we already issued the warning and took away the attachment privileges. But we want to clean up the attachments.

If not I may have to poke around and find an easy way to delete all of those attachments based on user ID...

Top Bottom