1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 Soft Delete Media

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by Lmccandless, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Lmccandless

Lmccandless Member

Is there a way to change the settings so that a regular (registered) user can no longer see soft deleted media? The faint thumbnail is causing some confusion. I'd like to restrict this just to moderators/admin.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The ability to view deleted media is a permission: View deleted media.

Faint thumbnails may also be down to media inside a soft deleted album. If that's the case either the media should be deleted or moved to somewhere else.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. Lmccandless

Lmccandless Member

I already had the default permissions for Registered Users set to Not Set/No for it but they CAN still see them.

When I set it to Never, then I can't see them even as an admin.
  4. Chris D

If they are there when it is set to "Not Set" but not there when it is set to "Never" then it is almost certainly still a permissions issue.

Have you confirmed the faint thumbnails disappear for normal registered users when the permission is set to "Never"?

You could run the Permissions Analyser against one of these users to see if a permission is overriding it somewhere.
  5. Lmccandless

Lmccandless Member

They do disappear when set to never for normal registered user, but then they disappear for me as an admin as well.
  6. Chris D

That's how "Never" works. Admin users are in the Registered group too.

You will have to look at Analyze Permissions in the Admin CP against one of the users.