SoE's EverQuest next COMING

aasajjj

Hey all,

Xenforo as of now is the best forum software, its quick,looks and feels good ( could do work lol) , and smooth.

sony has xenforo for most of its forums.

everquest next (next gen) mmo is coming out soon, please god they will use xenforo!!!

any updates for xenforo please?!

EverQuest Next will use XenForo as they have made the switch on all of their Forum Software to XenForo. If you like EverQuest keep an eye out for my site coming... idk whenever I can find a Styles Developer! I'm trying to hurry but I can't do anything without developers and money so.. it's slow going.

Please, may xenforo 1.2 before it goes live have some extra UI updates or some nice new features please please please?

thank you so much.
you guys rock!

1.2 is feature locked and is in a state of fixing bugs and releasing a stable product. If you have specific suggestions, please post them accordingly in the appropriate suggestions forums after looking for similar suggestions.

This is the normal release cycle that a lot of development goes along with:
  • Alpha: Unreleased, new features, buggy
  • Beta: Works towards fixing bugs, mostly feature locked to provide a stable environment to improve stability
  • Release Candidate: Feature Locked, bug fixes. Mostly stable
  • Gold / Stable release: Bug fixes to increase stability
I'm a fan of this myself, and I'm glad XenForo does it.

I've already started a EQN fan site too using xF 1.2 Also been building a WoWHead type item search system using xF as my back end via pages. I'll be launching it shortly after Sony is no longer enforcing NDAs on beta testing.

I've already started a EQN fan site too using xF 1.2 Also been building a WoWHead type item search system using xF as my back end via pages. I'll be launching it shortly after Sony is no longer enforcing NDAs on beta testing.
If it wasn't for Sandy I'd likely be done with mine by now.

Hey all,

Xenforo as of now is the best forum software, its quick,looks and feels good ( could do work lol) , and smooth.

sony has xenforo for most of its forums.

everquest next (next gen) mmo is coming out soon, please god they will use xenforo!!!

any updates for xenforo please?!
The EverQuest Next forums will, of course, use XenForo with heavy modifications by SOE. They've modified it so much that I think they probably won't be able to upgrade to 1.2 for a long time. Unfortunately the policy makers who run the Forums have made some really strange decisions like disabling Custom Avatars, Who's Online, setting very short Edit Time Limits, etc.

EQ2Wire has been running for 5 years this November. I hope to launch our sister site, EQNWire, very shortly.
If it wasn't for Sandy I'd likely be done with mine by now.
I hope I am misinterpreting your posts, but it would be very disturbing to me to learn that EQNext is already in Beta testing under NDA and that EQ2U, the leading Wowhead/Magelo-type site for EverQuest II had been completely excluded.

I hope I am misinterpreting your posts, but it would be very disturbing to me to learn that EQNext is already in Beta testing under NDA and that EQ2U, the leading Wowhead/Magelo-type site for EverQuest II had been completely excluded.
Simple Misinterpretation, there is no BETA at this time. The official Unveil is planned for the August SOE Live show.
However, I was told there might be a playable demo for people in attendance.

Great, will there be any updates/visual updates/feature updates in 1.2 / 1.3 please?
Thank You
If you have a suggestion, you need to post individual and specific suggestions in the appropriate forums. 1.2 is feature locked; you shouldn't expect much change.

1.3 plans haven't been announced, watch the HYS forum for updates.

However, let's get this topic back on topic. Its good to see company's like Sony using XenForo.

The style is decent, though they should really rework their thread style. The quotes and nested quotes are not looking great. Its hard to see where one post ends and another begins.

Top Bottom