Social Status Updater [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has bought one of my add-ons previously knows that I like to release sneak peeks of things when I get close to release so... hey, here's a sneak peek:

New status editor apperance:

KALVk.png

There will no longer be an option to Post to Twitter or Facebook on a per status update basis. However, these two grey icons indicate the status of your link to the services. (I think this scales better for when new services e.g. Google+ are added in the future). Grey is unlinked and clicking the icon takes you to the new dedicated page for managing Status Updates:

FvMVZ.png

This is clearly unfinished and the text needs to change and... wait, why's there two character counts on the status update block?

One has 82 characters remaining and one says 25 characters remaning. Well, the one with 82 characters is correct. This is why: When you actually write a tweet at Twitter.com. All http:// URLs are shortened to 20 characters using their t.co shortening service (21 for https URLs). This add-on now counts URLs in the same way as Twitter. So that really long 77 character URL there is only being registered as 20 characters long as once it is posted on Twitter, it will only be 20 characters long (y) Credit where it is due, cclaerhout (Cédric) has been a massive help to me with this. Also, there's a little .js script to calculate the characters that was written by Twitter themselves so I cannot take credit for that.

Once linked you have some new settings:

P5jmv.png

That's right... this new version will allow you to Tweet / Post when you update your status, or when you post a thread, or when you get awarded a trophy.

Here's a view of what the status editor drop down looks like when one of the services is connected, by the way. I am contemplating having another icon state to indicate when the accounts are linked, but status updates are switched off...

92SXt.png

There will be an option to turn this off, but by default, all status updates will be trimmed to allow for a URL to the content to be added (again, it only counts as 20 characters):

egwHp.png

And that's it for now :p Right I've got more work to do!

EDIT: Oh, by the way... this has all entirely been written from scratch and does not rely on any third party libraries. It makes it completely lightweight and ultimately easier to debug.

EDIT 2: Trophy awarded tweet:
cX5Fu.png

EDIT 3: New thread:
aAvev.png

I have a desire to call this add-on something different... I was originally thinking about Status Tweeter and Status FB Poster but I'm not keen... Any ideas welcome...

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, I figure it has but I would love to have my Twitter tied to my status update so all my tweets where posted on my forum, not the other way around.

I have a desire to call this add-on something different... I was originally thinking about Status Tweeter and Status FB Poster but I'm not keen... Any ideas welcome...
k
When I paid for the development of this addon I originally wanted it to be an extension of Social Network Authentication because in the AdminCP, the options for that addon is 'Social Network Integration' because that's exactly what the Social Status Updater is. I don't see why it should have even more admincp options. After awhile all the other social network-related addons in admincp will just stack-up over time. It looks ridiculous. If you don't want to do that then I would suggest what sadikb said 'Xenforo Social Connect', not only because it's a great idea but it reminds me of 'vbulletin social connect' without having to pay a ridiculous fee for it with a slow forum software to boot.

I'm testing out the new version and the user interface looks better than the last one. Just gotta work out some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom