Resource icon

Social Network Authentication (Twitter, Google, VK.com) 1.0

No permission to download
Ok I got it working, although I think what I did (didn't modify original code, just the linkedin file) is a bit unorthodox. I would love if someone could give me some input as to my solution being... bad?

Whatever, tell me how it goes.
EDIT: removed to prevent confliction with author's addon hierarchy!

Last edited:
Ok I got it working, although I think what I did (didn't modify original code, just the linkedin file) is a bit unorthodox. I would love if someone could give me some input as to my solution being... bad?

Whatever, tell me how it goes.
You should make a pull request... Distributing in this adhoc manner will make it hard to upgrade later. For example, people who upgrade with your package will not be able when a new version is available with a "smaller" version...

You should make a pull request... Distributing in this adhoc manner will make it hard to upgrade later. For example, people who upgrade with your package will not be able when a new version is available with a "smaller" version...
I'm so sorry! Would you like me to remove the addon posted above?

I'm not the author, I was just suggesting you to make a pull request and contribute to the repo (at github).
Oh... Well I'll do that in a bit but I'll update the post and keep it at the version it's currently at, to avoid the issue you stated.
@Echelon I think you're the only one who installed this, so you probably need to change the version number. If you need help doing this, PM me and I'll write up instructions on how to do so!

Oh... Well I'll do that in a bit but I'll update the post and keep it at the version it's currently at, to avoid the issue you stated.
@Echelon I think you're the only one who installed this, so you probably need to change the version number. If you need help doing this, PM me and I'll write up instructions on how to do so!

I am also interested in installing this, if all works well of course. :) Send me the mod and instructions to please. :) Fresh install here.

mmmm....I'm not that technical and maybe I'm overlooking something but I cannot get it to work yet

mmmm....I'm not that technical and maybe I'm overlooking something but I cannot get it to work yet
Well I'm encouraging you to uninstall it while I fix everything up. If you already have users using it, PM me and I'll help you fix it manually :)

Yep. The addon isn't in beta, I'm just trying to help out with your request. I'm not the author of it.

oops.....cant uninstall ;-) due to linkedin ;-)View attachment 61174
:| ughhhhh Edit the file located at library/Social/Install.php
Replace this:
PHP:
    protected function _uninstallStep1()
    {
        $db = $this->_getDb();

$db->query("
                  ALTER TABLE xf_user_profile
                  DROP twitter_auth_id,
                  DROP google_auth_id,
                  DROP vk_auth_id,
                DROP linkedin_auth_id
              ");

$db->query("
                DELETE FROM xf_user_external_auth
                WHERE provider = 'vk' OR provider = 'twitter' OR provider = 'google' OR provider = 'linkedin'
              ");
    }
With this:
PHP:
    protected function _uninstallStep1()
    {
        $db = $this->_getDb();

$db->query("
                  DROP twitter_auth_id,
                  DROP google_auth_id,
                  DROP vk_auth_id
            ");

if ($db->fetchRow('SHOW columns FROM xf_user_profile WHERE field = \'linkedin_auth_id\''))
        {
            $db->query("
                DROP linkedin_auth_id
            ");
        }

$db->query("
                DELETE FROM xf_user_external_auth
                WHERE provider = 'vk' OR provider = 'twitter' OR provider = 'google' OR provider = 'linkedin'
              ");
    }

Ok. well....de add on is not in the addons list anymore....so it's difficult to unistall it.

Are you still bored ;-)

Top Bottom