Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

To add it as a submenu of say, Forums, look for the "Navigation" template and find

Code:
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>

Change that to

Code:
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'cz-groups'}">Groups</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>
I tried that but when I did that I lost the sub-menus. The sub-menus show everytime you are on a separate page in groups. Whenever you disable the navigation menu, the sub-menus get disabled too.

I tried that but when I did that I lost the sub-menus. The sub-menus show everytime you are on a separate page in groups. Whenever you disable the navigation menu, the sub-menus get disabled too.
Take a look at cz_groups_navigation_links for the syntax for the submenus, you would need to add that to the regular navigation template

Take a look at cz_groups_navigation_links for the syntax for the submenus, you would need to add that to the regular navigation template
Yes. I edited the cz_groups_navigation_links and I changed the Library/XFAddOns/Groups/Templates/Navigation.php code to this:

Code:
    public static function listenNavigationTabs(array &$extraTabs, $selectedTabId)
    {
        $extraTabs['cz_groups'] = array(
            'position' => 'middle',
            'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('Chat'),
            'selected' => ($selectedTabId == 'cz_groups'),        // selectedTabId is set with major section in the router
            'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('http://tinychat.com/the8th'),
            'linksTemplate' => 'cz_groups_navigation_links'
            );
    }

Question, in groups where you have to request membership to join, you are still able to view the groups thread posts. Can you create an option as to where members would have to be accepted as a member of the group in order to view threads?

Question, in groups where you have to request membership to join, you are still able to view the groups thread posts. Can you create an option as to where members would have to be accepted as a member of the group in order to view threads?
It's in the plans. It will be a separate options. Moderated groups are not really supposed to be "private groups" :) I intend to add the flexibility for a group to be moderated and public, or moderated and private

A new update :)
More details here: http://xfaddons.com/index.php?threa...ge-and-copy-regular-thread-to-group-thread.37

New home page for groups
screenshot20120212at749.png

And a "Copy to Group Thread" feature
copythread.png

Hey Rigel, because I couldn't get the copy thread to group function I tried upgrading this add-on again and it didn't work. So I uninstalled this add-on, deleted the old files, uploaded the new files and attempted to re-install it. I am now getting this error.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'cz_display_group'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XfAddOns/Groups/Install/Install.php at line 141
  4. XfAddOns_Groups_Install_Install::step1() in XfAddOns/Groups/Install/Install.php at line 14
  5. XfAddOns_Groups_Install_Install::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

The uninstall should have taken care of that.
Run these queries

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_profile DROP cz_display_group;
ALTER TABLE xf_user_profile DROP cz_display_group_title;

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 12.05.27 AM.webp

And.. if the copy thread option insists on not working, add this to your thread_view
Code:
<xen:require js="js/cz-groups/thread_tools.js" />

I have not identified why the including of the js is not automatic for some people. I am guessing it might be an add-on conflict.

Thank you for the template code. It worked! But I cannot test to see if it will go to a group because I am unable to create a group. I am getting this error:

The following error occurred:

Invalid data writer 'XfAddOns_Groups_DataWriter_GroupOwner' specified
  1. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XfAddOns/Groups/Model/Group.php at line 415
  2. XfAddOns_Groups_Model_Group->addOwner() in XfAddOns/Groups/DataWriter/Group.php at line 123
  3. XfAddOns_Groups_DataWriter_Group->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XfAddOns/Groups/ControllerPublic/Groups.php at line 218
  5. XfAddOns_Groups_ControllerPublic_Groups->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Thank you for these queries btw.
I was able to uninstall and reinstall:

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_profile DROP cz_display_group;
ALTER TABLE xf_user_profile DROP cz_display_group_title;
DELETE FROM xf_content_type_field where content_type = 'group_post';
DROP TABLE xf_cz_category;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_group;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_group_member;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_group_owner;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_group_post;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_group_thread;
DROP TABLE xf_cz_join_request;

Thank you for the template code. It worked! But I cannot test to see if it will go to a group because I am unable to create a group. I am getting this error:

Invalid data writer 'XfAddOns_Groups_DataWriter_GroupOwner' specified
  1. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XfAddOns/Groups/Model/Group.php at line 415
  2. XfAddOns_Groups_Model_Group->addOwner() in XfAddOns/Groups/DataWriter/Group.php at line 123
  3. XfAddOns_Groups_DataWriter_Group->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XfAddOns/Groups/ControllerPublic/Groups.php at line 218
  5. XfAddOns_Groups_ControllerPublic_Groups->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Do you have the uploaded file?
library/XfAddOns/Groups/DataWriter/GroupOwner.php

I don't see why else you would get that error :) Also make sure the file is not empty

I double-checked locally and in the site installation just in case, the group creation seems to work

Do you have the uploaded file?
library/XfAddOns/Groups/DataWriter/GroupOwner.php

I don't see why else you would get that error :) Also make sure the file is not empty

I double-checked locally and in the site installation just in case, the group creation seems to work
I re-uploaded it and it copied but did not send me to Groups. It gave me this error:

Undefined index: join
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Post.php at line 11
  2. EWRporta_Model_Post->getPostsInThread() in XfAddOns/Groups/ControllerPublicOverride/Thread.php at line 107
  3. XfAddOns_Groups_ControllerPublicOverride_Thread->insertPosts() in XfAddOns/Groups/ControllerPublicOverride/Thread.php at line 93
  4. XfAddOns_Groups_ControllerPublicOverride_Thread->createGroupThread() in XfAddOns/Groups/ControllerPublicOverride/Thread.php at line 68
  5. XfAddOns_Groups_ControllerPublicOverride_Thread->actionCopyToGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310

I disabled Xenporta and tried copying thread to group again and it worked without giving me that error.

BTW These are my Xenporta Settings.

Top Bottom