Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Just purchased this addon...hope it has a good and long life as it is something that my site really needs.

Rigel, I also use Kim's DXF theme and it doesn't show up that good like your own site does so will need to do some cosmetics.

I nice looking landing page would be a good enhancement...something like the vb groups page rather then just a category list

I will be removing the navbar tab and placing the link to it in the forums subnav (no real estate left on the navbar) which means having to create a subnav block some where, some how.

Thanks for a great addon and I wish you well with it.

A nice looking landing page would be a good enhancement...
Definitely !

something like the vb groups page
Like this ?
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/group.php
I really don't like that.
It's terrible.
Groups definitely needs their own Tab.

rather then just a category list
Yea. The category list is really boring.

vbulletin.groups.cant.be.found.webp
I see vBulletin groups https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/group.php
Is the only way to get there ... from the Community Dropdown in the Forums subnavbar ?
ouch.

DD, as groups are a "community" thing I would like to add it to the Forums sub menu...keeping all my community stuff together...I have other sections on my site that group other similar areas together

ibaker: site is looking great BTW. Hope your vB to xF transition is still progressing nicely.

DD, as groups are a "community" thing I would like to add it to the Forums sub menu...keeping all my community stuff together...I have other sections on my site that group other similar areas together

Idea: Groups could be listed on the Forum Home Page ? [ although most people already have too much stuff there anyway !]

I think Groups need their own Tab. On your site ... I think there is lots of space for a Groups Tab.
If you have room for the anemic Help Tab on the top row ... don't say there isn't room for a Groups Tab *which* is in reality almost as complex as the Forums Tab !

www.aircraftpilots.com.groups.webp

Hmmm .... What is the point of Groups anyway ?

ibaker: site is looking great BTW. Hope your vB to xF transition is still progressing nicely.
I think Groups need their own Tab. On your site ... I think there is lots of space for a Groups Tab.
If you have room for the anemic Help Tab on the top row ... don't say there isn't room for a Groups Tab *which* is in reality almost as complex as the Forums Tab !
DD, thanks mate! However I have a few more tabs to addon to that navbar in the coming weeks but in the meantime to get the Groups going I will leave it as a stand alone tab, generate its usage, popularity etc and then move it to within the forums submenu...you know all the community stuff like the Forums, Groups, Chat Room

I think what Rigel is doing with Groups is going to be a real winner if development and support keep up which is why I didn't think twice about spending the money for it...it will help me greatly on my site

(The latest vb 4.1.10 release is actually really really nice to use and easy to create something great, even for an old bast**d like me when you have vbAdvanced, vbTubePro etc to use so www.aviationenthusiasts.net is still vb...really need some great powerful, extremely well supported mods for XF like XenAdvanced, XenTubePro, Gallery etc before I change my mind now)

I'll ask again since my original question seems to be ignored; how will we be receiving updates?

i know that this mod is still in its early stages but it really has a lot of great potential...well done Rigel

Here are some screen shots of my installation of this mod:

Attachments

• img1.webp
    img1.webp
    53 KB · Views: 50
  • img2.webp
    img2.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 47
  • img3.webp
    img3.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 45
  • img4.webp
    img4.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 47
  • img5.webp
    img5.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
  • img6.webp
    img6.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
Of course not mate...go for it...I have changed many of the templates and it is looking and working great...the categories sidebar that is displayed when viewing the list of threads in a category is hard coded...see your own site for a post that I made about it.

Found one slight bug...when you accept/reject a new member to the group, the refresh leaves some styling behind until you refresh the page or go to another page and come back to it...as I said, only a slight thing.

If I may also suggest, some better permissions would be great. If a Group is private then the threads and posts should not be visible to non-members...just my opinion

This is a great mod! I will wait for the next version though. I am hoping it eventually incorporate a landing page of some sort (showing most popular groups, newest group, etc...maybe like how the resource manager is setup). It would be cool if it incorporated some of the resource manager features too, including the sidebar that the standard social side bar block).

Also, to clean up the way the image appears in the postbit, why not eliminate the title and just have an image with the tooltip showing what the group is if you run your mouse over it (maybe add the option to display in profiles too).

Unfortunately I already have too many menus on my top navigation menu. How do I put the navigation menu for groups on the bottom row instead of the top?

When Uploading a group image I get

ImageMagick not found

In xenforos settings I have selected PHP Built-In GD Image Library as the image processor
Thanks Rigel that is perfect.
Any chance the manual one will be ready too because i have some old static forums that was used as social groups. I need those moved over to social groups. I am okay with manually running a db and putting them in. For all I need they can just be put in last as they are just archive purposes.
Has the ImageMagick bug been fixed yet? I also got the same error.

Unfortunately I already have too many menus on my top navigation menu. How do I put the navigation menu for groups on the bottom row instead of the top?

I took a note to add an option to remove the groups link from the tab. I'll try to sneak in all the minor improvements in a later release.

If you really want to remove that, edit the file Groups/Template/Navigation.php and change

Code:
    public static function listenNavigationTabs(array &$extraTabs, $selectedTabId)
    {
        $extraTabs['cz_groups'] = array(
            'position' => 'middle',
            'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('cz_groups'),
            'selected' => ($selectedTabId == 'cz_groups'),        // selectedTabId is set with major section in the router
            'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('cz-groups'),
            'linksTemplate' => 'cz_groups_navigation_links'
            );
    }

to just

Code:
    public static function listenNavigationTabs(array &$extraTabs, $selectedTabId)
    {
    }

To add it as a submenu of say, Forums, look for the "Navigation" template and find

Code:
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>

Change that to

Code:
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'cz-groups'}">Groups</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>

Top Bottom