Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Oh, I guess I missed to showcase that feature, if you go to the profile of any user, it shows a list of all the groups he belongs to.

Oh I've been through the site carefully looking and this is awesome! http://cemzoo.com/index.php?cz-groups/groups-list&category_id=6 Well, why you didn't add "like" link for messages from discussions? :/ it would be awesome.. Whatever I really love it and will install thanks again.

Oh great. I deleted our vb4 groups when I switched over to Xenforo. Wish I had saved them...

Same here :P

I think this is a good add-on because I have a private forum that people post NSFW content in and I kind of don't want people to use the forum just for that. I would rather them just create their own groups and do it there. Is it possible to transfer an existing thread into a new group?

Oh I've been through the site carefully looking and this is awesome! http://cemzoo.com/index.php?cz-groups/groups-list&category_id=6 Well, why you didn't add "like" link for messages from discussions? :/ it would be awesome.. Whatever I really love it and will install thanks again.

Same here :p

Thanks, I am really glad that you liked it.

I didn't add all the functionality because I was going for stable, working version first, and then I would pile on the features. The like functionality is already wired in, as I already have the database structure in place, but no FrontEnd UI yet. That is one of the enhancements that I will make available very soon.

Thanks, I am really glad that you liked it.

I didn't add all the functionality because I was going for stable, working version first, and then I would pile on the features. The like functionality is already wired in, as I already have the database structure in place, but no FrontEnd UI yet. That is one of the enhancements that I will make available very soon.

Umm I see..
Well then thanks for the information.. :)

Regards,

Is it possible to transfer an existing thread into a new group?
It is not possible. Other than manually recreating it, though.
I can give you the SQL queries that you need to run to "copy" a thread in the forum to a group, but you need to be confortable with running mysql queries to do that.

I took a note so I can add that in a future version.

I can give you the SQL queries that you need to run to "copy" a thread in the forum to a group, but you need to be confortable with running mysql queries to do that.

Yes please! I won't be buying it yet though I'll wait until your next version since likes are left out of this one.

Oh and another thing, I just realized that I did not delete Social Group discussions from vb4. All I did was move them to a private forum. Will we be able to recreate these old groups by creating a new group and creating a copy of the old discussions over to the newly created discussion using your mysqul query and then add members who were previously in the group? Well I don't know who were all in a group so I'll really only be able to add the members who actually posted in a discussion. It would be a great feature if you could let us manually add people into a Group.

Oh and another thing, I just realized that I did not delete Social Group discussions from vb4. All I did was move them to a private forum. Will we be able to recreate these old groups by creating a new group and creating a copy of the old discussions over to the newly created discussion using your mysqul query and then add members who were previously in the group? Well I don't know who were all in a group so I'll really only be able to add the members who actually posted in a discussion. It would be a great feature if you could let us manually add people into a Group.
Well, if you still have your vb4 database... then it might be better to just import that.
That said, yes, you would be able to do that with the SQL queries.

Well, if you still have your vb4 database... then it might be better to just import that.
That said, yes, you would be able to do that with the SQL queries.
Will your Social Groups add-on be able to integrate feeds?

Say you want a feed bot to post in a social group discussion instead of a designated forum for example.

Will your Social Groups add-on be able to integrate feeds?

Say you want a feed bot to post in a social group discussion instead of a designated forum for example.
No, it won't. I have a long list of features that I am giving high priority to, and I don't have a strong case for integrating a full fledge rss/feed parser, especially while that feature is already available in XenForo for forums.

No, it won't. I have a long list of features that I am giving high priority to, and I don't have a strong case for integrating a full fledge rss/feed parser, especially while that feature is already available in XenForo for forums.
Okay

Oh wow my prayers have been answered. Now if i can just get all my information into vb. Right now i have everything in drupal right now but would love to get it into xenforo. I just need to see a working demo and i would be glad to give up my test database

Correction i do have an older version that is in VB already and would love to try this out

I would love to have this sql query as i have some threads that exist that need added in the social groups. They where created before social groups existed. Also is there anyone with working group in english. I do not know spanish and when i click the link it goes to something i can not read. Sorry.

Okay just bought it now waiting on vb importer WOOHOO

I am making this available for $40. I am using it on my site and not a week from released I have a huge list of feature requests. I am sure you will have your own suggestions. I will provide updates for one year which will give you access to any changes I do.
What's the cost to continue receiving updates after one year?

wow it is almost perfect for my needs.

Just three things i would change would be a larger image for the group. The major thing would be having attachments or upload file. My users struggle with getting url and i love the attachment feature as it would be huge for me.

I love the work so far and I love how you have it where you can have more than one moderator and also you have to join to post.

Hopefully my VB groups will go over and then you provide manual script to move the threads over.

third would be add a google map to the post ...example my groups we hold events and i could attach a good map to the event.

I am so happy. Also i can contribute more money if you can get the above added.

When people are browsing the groups section on my site their last activity is "viewing unknown page" Any idea what the problem might be?

Top Bottom