Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

The groups import from vB4 seams to have some big issues. Groups are there, threads are there, posts are not, group members and leaders are not. The import ran through without an error. Hoping this get resolved.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Social Groups for XenForo with a new update entry:

Soft-delete posts, Likes, and Showcase multiple groups

Bugs fixed
  • The Groups Index page looked a little funny in chrome (the height was not being adjusted correctly)
  • When members were auto-kicked of the group due to inactivity, if the group was left without a leader a new one was not being selected.
New features
  • Soft-deleting of posts is here. Previously there was an edit option, but not delete option. Deleting the first post of a thread deletes the whole thread. No restore functionality yet.
  • Likes....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Still waiting Like/Unlike feature for group thread and posts.. I have a question, why are social group pictures so small? Thanks..
Like/Unlike is in the most recent update
The social group pictures could be bigger, I have been meaning to include a setting for that. Initially they are meant to be displayed below the avatar, that's why they could not be bigger. That does not make sense if people display them elsewhere

The groups import from vB4 seams to have some big issues. Groups are there, threads are there, posts are not, group members and leaders are not. The import ran through without an error. Hoping this get resolved.
I need to sit down and get some time with vb4 first. I never tested it with vb4 so I wouldn't advertise it as working :) My forum was 3.8 when I did the migration and I can guarantee it works flawlessly with that version. I'll give this a little priority, I am hoping the database structure is not that different and it will be easy to fix.

Do users receive alerts when a new thread is created in a group they’re a member of and if so is there an option to turn this on and off?
No. They do receive an alert if somebody answers in a thread they have participated in, though

Can site mods moderate the groups or just group admins?
There is a separate permission that you can give to your moderators if you want them to moderate the groups. By default, only the group leaders can moderate

Can I have each group be listed as a forum in the forum view?
No

Lack of uploading of files/pictures
I will call that by design. Otherwise it is just a regular forum. I plan to do some short albums integration, though, but no attachments in the posts.

No like button
I just updated this
Can forum mods or group mods delete posts?
Not by default. You can give them permissions if you want.

It would be good if users could also self-delete their own posts.
They can, actually

Formatting of group avatar so it’s square and inline as various width images look weird.
The UI could use some work, I agree, but everything is template-based so you can chage it to whatever you want.

There seems to be formatting issues on this example where the group list overruns the bottom breadcrumb (in Chrome)
Recently fixed

Will it integrate polls, upload functionality – all the other cool standard XF thread features eventually?
I am trying not to take it to the point that it integrates every single feature in XF. At that point, you might as well just create a forum for each group. My idea of groups is that they should be a little more minimalistic.

Great to have social groups - one of my biggest sites relies on such a feature. Some questions before I buy:

Do you intend to support the addon for a long time? Or is it coded in such a way that it is unlikely that there will break things when a new Xenforo release comes out?
Do you use phrases so I can translate it?

It is coded in such a way that I do not expect it to break with a major XenForo release.
I am using it in some of my sites, so I also plan to keep this updated, it wouldn't do me any good if I couldn't upgrade XenForo because groups stopped working, so I have a personal interest in the add-on working.

Everything is fully phrased

I upgraded but I do not see where I can limit the amount of groups to display in postbit.

nvm i see it in usergroup permissions.
I left that as a usergroup permission, so it can be easily offered as a premium member feature (something along, regular members can select 1 group, premium members can select 3, or so). And some people may just want to leave it to select all of them.

I know if I left it at no limit some members on my site would soon have 200 groups.

I left that as a usergroup permission, so it can be easily offered as a premium member feature (something along, regular members can select 1 group, premium members can select 3, or so). And some people may just want to leave it to select all of them.

I know if I left it at no limit some members on my site would soon have 200 groups.
yeah and if you did that it would take forever just to scroll to the next post. How can we make the text smaller to fit in more groups in a smaller space OR just put only the group image there and have the name of the group show up when you over it?

yeah and if you did that it would take forever just to scroll to the next post. How can we make the text smaller to fit in more groups in a smaller space OR just put only the group image there and have the name of the group show up when you over it?

Change the cz_groups_group_title template

Code:
<a href="{xen:link cz-groups/group-detail, $group}">
{xen:helper groupicon, $group}
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.cz_groups_allow_color}">
<span style="color: {$group.group_color}">{$group.group_name}</span>
<xen:else />
<span>{$group.group_name}</span>
</xen:if>
</a>

You could add some style around group_name to make it smaller, or if you just want the image just keep the {xen:helper groupicon, $group} and remove the rest

That code is the same as the one in this addon. I mean like how do you make a tool tip or title appear when hovering over the image?

Nevermind I figured it out.

Code:
<a href="{xen:link cz-groups/group-detail, $group}" class="Tooltip" title="{$group.group_name}" text="{$group.group_name}">
{xen:helper groupicon, $group}</a>

Okay now that I figured that out, how do I make the tiles line up horizontal instead of vertical?

The social group pictures could be bigger, I have been meaning to include a setting for that. Initially they are meant to be displayed below the avatar, that's why they could not be bigger. That does not make sense if people display them elsewhere
I don't know if you have used www.orkut.com .. Please check the UI of groups there (groups are called community there). The group image is beautifully placed and the description of the group too. If possible i will try to upload a screenshot tonight.

Like/Unlike is in the most recent update

Thank you but there is a problem now. Installed it and import everything but group posts not imported? Imports finished but when I looking group posts then there is no group post to display in groups threads?

I can't understand why link formats site.com/cz-groups/
That prefix was chosen in the event that XenForo (or somebody else) released a groups add-on or some other functionality that had the prefix "groups". To avoid collisions, it is extremely unlikely that somebody chooses that particular one.

I tried to design it as much as possible so it won't break on future XF updates.

Top Bottom