Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

No. To make the tiles horizontal replace your cz_groups_usertitle template with this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.canUserTitle}">
    <xen:foreach loop="{$user.groups_display}" value="$group">
<xen:include template="cz_groups_group_title" />
    </xen:foreach>
</xen:if>

You're basically taking away the class or div that it was in but I didn't know of any other way to make it horizontal and Rigel didn't answer me when I asked. I'm still a noob but I get's er done.

Perfect, thank you!

Reactions: DRE
I'm hopeful for the 'private' groups feature in the next release :)

Also, can the group pages use paging? Some of my groups have hundreds of threads and they are ALL on one page - this is a nightmare!

No. To make the tiles horizontal replace your cz_groups_usertitle template with this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.canUserTitle}">
    <xen:foreach loop="{$user.groups_display}" value="$group">
<xen:include template="cz_groups_group_title" />
    </xen:foreach>
</xen:if>

You're basically taking away the class or div that it was in but I didn't know of any other way to make it horizontal and Rigel didn't answer me when I asked. I'm still a noob but I get's er done.

Ops, sorry.
Taking the div out is one way of doing it.

The other is adding a css option (maybe in extra.css) that adds

Code:
.socialGroup
{
   display: inline-block;
}

That would make that div stack horizontally

Reactions: DRE
Rigel, I love the prospects of adding this to my sites. But, before I do I'd like to see if you could address some of the styling issues that I noticed at your demo site (xfaddons.com)

Here are four screenshots with some suggestions as to what may help in the styling and displaying of information....

#1 - "Main 'Groups Home' Page"
a) I would suggest to add a "latest" or "newest groups" block in the side of the 'Groups' page.
b) Make avatars a 'standard' default size to keep the look consistent in the groups table
c) Make colors 'match' or 'blend' better together from the 'group name' and 'threads/replies' areas

View attachment 27174

#2 - Group Page
a) The 'group message' area should have some distinctive styling (like a border, for example)
b) The 'topic' title and user/date information needs some padding as it is sitting against the left side of the table

View attachment 27175

#3 - Topic/thread page
a) Suggestion for the same 'members' block to be kept on this page to show consistency OR
b) Add 'latest topics' or 'latest group discussions' block to the left instead
c) Add some sort of border or something to the posts/comments there as they seem to blend in with the body background

View attachment 27176

#4 - Postbit display
a) Use a 'default' size for the mini-avatars in postbit so that they look consistent and clean and all the same shape
b) Either place the text a line below the mini-avatar
c) Add a "view more groups" link below the last of the groups displayed in the postbit.

View attachment 27177

Thanks for the feedback, you certainly put a lot of thought into that and even took the time of taking the screenshots.

I'll try to implement most of this in the next release. I certainly think that the UI could use an uplifting. I have been concentrating on the core functionality and haven't given that much love to the UI

After I am done with private groups, I also want to add some blocks functionality, like displaying most active groups, most recent groups in the forum home, sidebar, and depending on how difficult it is, integrating with the widget framework and XenPorta add-ons. I am not too hot into integrating with other 3rd party hacks, but if it is easy enough I might as well do it.

After you make a group private, it pretty much disappears. Is there a way to at least make it visible, but when a non-member clicks on it they get a permission error message?

Hey Rigel,

I dont suppose you could update the importer to account for private groups could ya?

Top Bottom