Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

is there any way to change the actual link "Group" to anther name? like "My Groups" or something else
and can you move it the link to be beside the home link button or move it to another location

thanks

is there any way to change the actual link "Group" to anther name? like "My Groups" or something else
and can you move it the link to be beside the home link button or move it to another location

thanks
You can change the phrase
The tab can't be moved

Improvements/Additions: So, aside from the posts I've already made within this thread with suggestions to layout and styling, I think there is the need to add additional work to the news feed.

I'd like to see....
  • "X" created the group named "Y"
  • "X" created a thread within group named "Y"
  • "X" changed the group icon in group named "Y"
  • "Z" joined public group named "Y"
.....and, I'd like to have the 'owner/starter' of the group receive an alert when a new member has joined the group.
Rigel, please give us an update as to how things are progressing with this paid add-on. Thank you sir

I love the social groups functionality but our social groups are now getting very much out of hand to the point that the mod is painful to use.

We need paging on a group's main page for discussions because it seems there is no limit to the number of threads on the page... for many groups this is a very big issue.

Within threads, can you add the paging to the top as well as bottom to be consistent with forum threads?

Is it possible to allow group owners to mark threads as sticky?

All of the above will solve the issues I am facing and what any busy group would face.

I am contemplating removing this entirely for now so I can stop the complaints.

Improvements/Additions: So, aside from the posts I've already made within this thread with suggestions to layout and styling, I think there is the need to add additional work to the news feed.

I'd like to see....
  • "X" created the group named "Y"
  • "X" created a thread within group named "Y"
  • "X" changed the group icon in group named "Y"
  • "Z" joined public group named "Y"
.....and, I'd like to have the 'owner/starter' of the group receive an alert when a new member has joined the group.

Rigel, please give us an update as to how things are progressing with this paid add-on. Thank you sir

Agreed, hope is comes sooner then later.

Excellent and really needed add-on. I don't know if everyone else is seeing these issues but we getting some bugs reported:

Some angry members are reporting that the private groups they have joined are listed on their profile and that snippets of posts to private groups are showing in their activity feeds.

Members who have group posts that have been liked are getting a server error when they attempt to view likes they have received in their user profile. The error shown in the log is
ErrorException: Undefined variable: profileIds - library/XfAddOns/Groups/LikeHandler/Post.php:41

Does anyone know if this is still a live project? Rigel hasn't replied to any questions in here for over a month and has ignored any PM's I've sent him. I really like this mod and want to buy it (especially if private groups is sorted out), but don't want to spend that much money if it's unsupported now.

If it doesn't suit your needs now, I would wait, maybe add it to watched and see if it gets continued development.

As a paying customer of this add-on, I would suggest that you hold off on purchasing as there are several styling issues with the add-on that are not being addressed due to time constraints on the author's side.

I have heard of a couple of other potential coders working on Social Group add-ons, so there may be some other options soon.

I agree with ArnyVee.

I am a paying customer as well, and support on this product, along with upgrades just isn't there. I'd recommend waiting.

Top Bottom