Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Dinh, last I heard there were some bugs being ironed out. No new news for the past few days though.

Hope to see it soon as I'd love to have it for a launch that I have planned later this month :)

Is there somewhere we can go to see this new mod in action?
If it works well I will most likely drop social groups in favour of it - I am sick of social groups' bugginess and lack of maintenance.

I have requests...

1.| Option to apply a over-riding theme when visiting the group. Just like how you can add a over-riding theme to a forum board.
2.| Make 2 board sections per group. One private(restricted to member only), and one public(to anyone else).

If it had those 2 features, I would buy it.

Dinh, last I heard there were some bugs being ironed out. No new news for the past few days though.

Hope to see it soon as I'd love to have it for a launch that I have planned later this month :)

I have a change to try it. It looks ver promising.
Need some more features then he can release it.

I have a change to try it. It looks ver promising.
Need some more features then he can release it.
Could you give us screenshots? A feature list? What i'm dieing to see is a social group addons that uses the same forum / post styling as the default forums. That was one of the mayor reasons I didn't use this addon.

Could you give us screenshots? A feature list? What i'm dieing to see is a social group addons that uses the same forum / post styling as the default forums. That was one of the mayor reasons I didn't use this addon.

...I'm dying to see a social group addon that isn't horribly broken.

Unfortunately, private groups only mean you can't join the group, everything else is public.

wait, what? damn, I was under the impression they'd be un-viewable as well as invite only.

Rigel, what plans have you for future releases of this? will their be any further development coming soon?

• Private forums need to be made fully private, aka no-one but invited members (and mods of course) may read them.
  • allow attachments in posts using the attachments system
  • when uploading a image icon or tile for a group, indication the upload was a success instead of doing nothing. This also happens on your demo site so it's either a chrome browser issue or something I'm only complaining about. edit: it's a chrome browser issue, in IE the images update without issue. Chrome hangs after the upload and does nothing until you click off the uploader overlay and save manually.
Hoping to see this mod progress!

wait, what? damn, I was under the impression they'd be un-viewable as well as invite only.

Rigel, what plans have you for future releases of this? will their be any further development coming soon?

• Private forums need to be made fully private, aka no-one but invited members (and mods of course) may read them.
  • allow attachments in posts using the attachments system
  • when uploading a image icon or tile for a group, indication the upload was a success instead of doing nothing. This also happens on your demo site so it's either a chrome browser issue or something I'm only complaining about. edit: it's a chrome browser issue, in IE the images update without issue. Chrome hangs after the upload and does nothing until you click off the uploader overlay and save manually.
Hoping to see this mod progress!

Have you tried the above add-on?

Forgot to mention that I already have imported all the content over to xenforo but their setup as threads atm it looks like

On vBulletin it doesn't count toward the post count. However, will the XenForo one count toward post counts? If so, it'd make us more interested in it.

Is there a trial of this we can try out? We have a large community.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Social Groups for XenForo with a new update entry:

New privacy options for groups

In this update
  • New privacy options while editing the group, instead of invite only groups being private, that is now an option to the members
  • Groups can now have their memberlist private
  • Groups can now have their posts/threads private
  • Groups can optionally make their group complete private (regardless of moderated/public/invite)
View attachment 33334

Existing customers with an account can download the update here:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update. I uninstalled this a long time ago but the new privacy options ALMOST makes me want to reinstall it. Hmm...

Thanks for the update. I uninstalled this a long time ago but the new privacy options ALMOST makes me want to reinstall it. Hmm...
You kind of need to have a use for it. I have some hundred thousand group threads on my site ... (which was the original reason I did this). It is the whole debate that happened in vB about groups being useless. Some loved them, most hated them because members hardly used that section.

Top Bottom