Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Do you plan to add private to the list of group types? (need to be a member before seeing any threads / posts within that group) Many groups while on vB were private and their sensitive content is now visible to anyone with permissions to see groups at all. I'll either need to remove all those groups or wait on the option to exist with this add-on before using it.

Do you plan to add private to the list of group types? (need to be a member before seeing any threads / posts within that group) Many groups while on vB were private and their sensitive content is now visible to anyone with permissions to see groups at all. I'll either need to remove all those groups or wait on the option to exist with this add-on before using it.
Yes. That is planned for the next update actually. invite-only groups will be private

I just purchased it, and it says that I don't have access to get the upgrade: http://xfaddons.com/index.php?threads/social-groups-1-3-5.55/. Please assist me on how to aquire the upgrade? Thanks Love this thing, it's perfect for teams of different games to be made for my site. Now leaders of a socom team can flourish and leaders of a mw3 team can co-exist on same forum! Great idea and well worth the $$$. I already have implemented the 'staff' add-on but it's just not the same as this. This, was what I was thinking about 'just' last night as I did not have any solution for showing the many 'teams' my players play on. Some of them are on more than one team, so AGAIN...this was just Perfect ;-) Now let's get me that upgrade link working? hahaha!

I just purchased it, and it says that I don't have access to get the upgrade: http://xfaddons.com/index.php?threads/social-groups-1-3-5.55/. Please assist me on how to aquire the upgrade? Thanks Love this thing, it's perfect for teams of different games to be made for my site. Now leaders of a socom team can flourish and leaders of a mw3 team can co-exist on same forum! Great idea and well worth the $$$. I already have implemented the 'staff' add-on but it's just not the same as this. This, was what I was thinking about 'just' last night as I did not have any solution for showing the many 'teams' my players play on. Some of them are on more than one team, so AGAIN...this was just Perfect ;-) Now let's get me that upgrade link working? hahaha!

I still can't distribute updates through XenForo.com (no support for that on the Resources section). In the meantime, I am doing so at my site. Please register at http://xfaddons.com/ and send me a PM there with your transaction id (or if your email matches the paypal email, that is ok), so I can add you to the private forum.

Question: How do I create 'Categories' for my groups?

It's in the Applications section of the ACP

I still can't distribute updates through XenForo.com (no support for that on the Resources section). In the meantime, I am doing so at my site. Please register at http://xfaddons.com/ and send me a PM there with your transaction id (or if your email matches the paypal email, that is ok), so I can add you to the private forum.

It's in the Applications section of the ACP

Thanks. And I've sent you a PM already about the update thingy ;-)

It already does alerts when somebody replies to a thread in which the person has participated. It sends all the users in that thread an alert.

So far it does not do alerts when somebody join the group or leaves the group (or gets accepted to the group)

A question. I own an online racing game (GTRacer.net) and I integrated the user base with XenForo.

Is it technically possible that I create, update and delete these groups all directly in the XenForo database? Because I have a club system in the game, with leaders and members. And I'd love to integrate those clubs with the Social Group plugin.

So basically, I want this:

1) User creates a club in the game. System will add the social group directly to the XenForo database.
2) Other users join this club. System will add these users automatically to the corresponding social group of XenForo.

And, most important, users will not be allowed to create these user groups themselves.

A question. I own an online racing game (GTRacer.net) and I integrated the user base with XenForo.

Is it technically possible that I create, update and delete these groups all directly in the XenForo database? Because I have a club system in the game, with leaders and members. And I'd love to integrate those clubs with the Social Group plugin.

So basically, I want this:

1) User creates a club in the game. System will add the social group directly to the XenForo database.
2) Other users join this club. System will add these users automatically to the corresponding social group of XenForo.

And, most important, users will not be allowed to create these user groups themselves.
You can disable group creation so it cannot be automatic, and it would be up to you to integrate that with your racing game. It can be as easy as calling the datawriter to create a group, and calling the member datawriter anytime you want someone to join.

You can disable group creation so it cannot be automatic, and it would be up to you to integrate that with your racing game. It can be as easy as calling the datawriter to create a group, and calling the member datawriter anytime you want someone to join.

Okay, thanks. I just bought your add on and installed perfectly. :) Can you give me a hint where I can find the specific DataWriter definitions of this plugin?

[EDIT]
I really need the hidden group option to make this work perfectly. Any estimation of that new feature?

Okay, thanks. I just bought your add on and installed perfectly. :) Can you give me a hint where I can find the specific DataWriter definitions of this plugin?

[EDIT]
I really need the hidden group option to make this work perfectly. Any estimation of that new feature?
I don't give estimations because I often miss them :) It shouldn't be long.

Rigel, I love the prospects of adding this to my sites. But, before I do I'd like to see if you could address some of the styling issues that I noticed at your demo site (xfaddons.com)

Here are four screenshots with some suggestions as to what may help in the styling and displaying of information....

#1 - "Main 'Groups Home' Page"
a) I would suggest to add a "latest" or "newest groups" block in the side of the 'Groups' page.
b) Make avatars a 'standard' default size to keep the look consistent in the groups table
c) Make colors 'match' or 'blend' better together from the 'group name' and 'threads/replies' areas

Group_1.webp

#2 - Group Page
a) The 'group message' area should have some distinctive styling (like a border, for example)
b) The 'topic' title and user/date information needs some padding as it is sitting against the left side of the table

Group_2.webp

#3 - Topic/thread page
a) Suggestion for the same 'members' block to be kept on this page to show consistency OR
b) Add 'latest topics' or 'latest group discussions' block to the left instead
c) Add some sort of border or something to the posts/comments there as they seem to blend in with the body background

Group_3.webp

#4 - Postbit display
a) Use a 'default' size for the mini-avatars in postbit so that they look consistent and clean and all the same shape
b) Either place the text a line below the mini-avatar
c) Add a "view more groups" link below the last of the groups displayed in the postbit.

Group_4.webp

I like your suggestions. I suggested that the icons in the postbit have the tooltip setup so you run your mouse over it and it will display the name.

I need to sit down and get some time with vb4 first. I never tested it with vb4 so I wouldn't advertise it as working :) My forum was 3.8 when I did the migration and I can guarantee it works flawlessly with that version. I'll give this a little priority, I am hoping the database structure is not that different and it will be easy to fix.

Table structure is the same, the problem for me was that the importer is trying to get user ids from xf_import_log instead from archived_import_log, which is my import log table from previous imports. Here's a patched script, which should go in \library\XfAddOns\Groups\Model. "archived_import_log" is hard coded in it, so it will only work if that's your import log table.

Attachments

That's what mine does. I posted the edit earlier in the thread. See example here: http://www.the8thlegion.com/threads/social-groups-are-back.10273/

View attachment 27192

Is this the post you're referring to.....

Nevermind I figured it out.

Code:
<a href="{xen:link cz-groups/group-detail, $group}" class="Tooltip" title="{$group.group_name}" text="{$group.group_name}">
{xen:helper groupicon, $group}</a>

.....if so, it looks good. :)

Will that display it exactly as you have it on your site?

Is this the post you're referring to.....

.....if so, it looks good. :)

Will that display it exactly as you have it on your site?
No. To make the tiles horizontal replace your cz_groups_usertitle template with this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.canUserTitle}">
    <xen:foreach loop="{$user.groups_display}" value="$group">
<xen:include template="cz_groups_group_title" />
    </xen:foreach>
</xen:if>

You're basically taking away the class or div that it was in but I didn't know of any other way to make it horizontal and Rigel didn't answer me when I asked. I'm still a noob but I get's er done.

Top Bottom