Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Isn't a framed in page, still a main website / forum page, just with a different header?
Yes, so on a different web site like you asked about the user would need to be logged in on the frame for the group to be able to establish permissions for the user using the framed site.

As I said, this would be unsupported so if you want to try it you can but you will be on your own.

I just installed this and I'm getting this message on the group page:

Server Error
Illegal string offset 'order'

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 641
  2. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGroupCategory() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/index.php at line 13
Any help or insight would be appreciated.

I just installed this and I'm getting this message on the group page:

Server Error
Illegal string offset 'order'

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 641
  2. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGroupCategory() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/index.php at line 13
Any help or insight would be appreciated.
I can't duplicate this. It seems to be saying the sort option is missing from the group template.

Does this happen using the default XenForo style?

I can't duplicate this. It seems to be saying the sort option is missing from the group template.

Does this happen using the default XenForo style?

Yes, it does.

On the main Groups Page everything looks fine, but when I click on a group banner, the resulting page shows that error.

Last edited:
A hotfix has been applied to the current version of social groups to cure the problem Becky was having. It had to do with a bug in PHP 7.1RC1.

If you are not running PHP 7.1RC1, there is no need to download the hotfixed version.

Last edited:
Hello again, sorry to be such a pain, but hopefully this will be a bit easier than the last one.

I need for some of my groups to fit into sub-subcategories of Groups, ie:

Groups -->
--Handicrafts -->
----Fiber Arts -->
------Knitting
------Crochet
------Quilting
------User Created Fiber Arts Group
----Carving & Sculpture -->
------Wood Working
------User Created Carving & Sculpture Group
--Jewelry Making -->
----Beadwork
----Wire
----User Created Jewelry Making Group
--Paper Crafts -->
----Card Making
----Origami
----User Created Paper Crafts Group

And for those groups to only be shown under the subcategories they belong to rather than the main Groups category.
Currently, the Fiber Arts category is showing on the Groups page and nothing is showing on the Handicrafts page. Is there a way to do this or am I trying to push things too far?

If I understand you correctly, sub-categories (a category of a category) aren't possible at this time.

You can only go one category below the main category. IE:

Social Groups
---Math
---Science
---History

The Social Groups category should not be selected the add-on options, only Math, Science and History should be selected.

Last edited:
What about sub-forums? Or is it possible to have more than one top level group?
You could create sub-forums in a group using the owner tools menu in the group.

Be sure you set the creation limit in the add-on options to be able to create group sub-forums.
subforum.webp

It's not possible to have more than one top level category.

Error Info
ErrorException: Illegal string offset 'order' - library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php:641
Generated By: Alfa, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php(641): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Illegal string ...', '/home/...', 641, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGroupCategory()
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(89) "https://site.com/index.php?groups/group-discussion.511/groupcategory"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["groups/group-discussion_511/groupcategory"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Error Info
ErrorException: Illegal string offset 'order' - library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php:641
Generated By: Alfa, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php(641): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Illegal string ...', '/home/...', 641, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGroupCategory()
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(89) "https://site.com/index.php?groups/group-discussion.511/groupcategory"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["groups/group-discussion_511/groupcategory"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Download and install the latest version. That will contain the hotfix update (that is what the hotfix fixes). If you've already done that, then either the files weren't uploaded properly or you have some php caching mechanism in play.

If you're already running the latest version, you just need to upload the files (overwrite the existing files) and there's no need to run the XML install.

Last edited:
It works now.

A question: how do you create group categories?
I cant find admincp functions for this.

It works now.

A question: how do you create group categories?
The categories are XenForo categories that you select in the Group System options.

So, you would create a main category to hold the group categories. Something like

Social Groups <- Main Category
--- Math <- Social Group Category you would select in the group system options
--- Science <- Social Group Category you would select in the group system options
--- History <- Social Group Category you would select in the group system options

Is there a way to globally turn off the group discussion feature, so that only group forum threads remain?

Is there a way to globally turn off the group discussion feature, so that only group forum threads remain?
No, once created discussions can't be deleted.

The only way to do it would be to either delete and recreate the group, or to do a mass query with phpMyAdmin.
Code:
UPDATE `xf_snog_socialgroup` SET `hasdiscussion` = 0
That will remove the display of all discussions from the groups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom