Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I have another feature request:

A sub-forum option that makes it so that only the group owner and grouper moderators can create threads. This is useful when used as a news forum where you dont want members spamming up the news forum.

P.S. The feature i asked for a 1 page back about the join request form. Seeing how powerful your advanced form script is, it can do what i asked about. So you can kick it off the wishlist.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not seeing it but, is there a way to redo the sort order of the groups listing? Right now its setup as alphabetical, could I change it to recent activity or something else?

@Snog, i have a bug to report:

The main parent forum that is used as the social group, users aren't automatically watching it. In fact there's no watch link in it.

@Snog, i have a bug to report:

The main parent forum that is used as the social group, users aren't automatically watching it. In fact there's no watch link in it.
The parent Category or the main forum for each group?

If it's the parent Category, that would be correct. Group members can only watch their own forums, not the entire category.

Its the main forum (the forum that is labeled after the group name).
I can't duplicate that problem.

I've checked my site and a couple of others running the add-on and they all show the 'watch forum' link where it usually is.

Also, group members are automatically set to watch the group forum when they join a group that has a forum.

EDIT: The ability to watch a forum comes from a XenForo function that is checked in the 'forum_view' template. The add-on calls that function and properly passes the variable 'canWatchForum' to the 'forum_view' template.

Last edited:
Ah, my mistake. I had "remove watched ..." addons, thats why i didn't see the links.

I did notice something though, i get alerts for watched forums, but i dont get email alerts. Can you add an option that allows group owners to configure specific forums to alert users via email too?

Ah, my mistake. I had "remove watched ..." addons, thats why i didn't see the links.

I did notice something though, i get alerts for watched forums, but i dont get email alerts. Can you add an option that allows group owners to configure specific forums to alert users via email too?
I'll put that on the wish list. But it will be a master setting for the site admin in the add-on options, not for group owners.

Awesome, thanks.

Is there a timeline for wish list items or do you get to them when you can? What's next on the roadmap for social groups?

Awesome, thanks.

Is there a timeline for wish list items or do you get to them when you can? What's next on the roadmap for social groups?
The is no timeline for wish list items which makes the roadmap irrelevant.

Grumpy Sad cat is sad.
GrumpyCatFlower.webp

Seriously though, i managed to fix the issue myself by changing a single variable!

In library/Snog/SocialGroups/Model/Groups.php on line 657 near the end of the line, change the 0 to a 1.

I tested it too and it works :D

Yes, I knew what was needed. But what you did, didn't make it an option like you requested. ;)
Can you add an option that allows group owners to configure specific forums to alert users via email too?

You didn't ask me what to change so new members get email notifications.

I'm no coder by any means, i can' really add new code, except for when i luck out and modify existing code.

I use bd widget framework as a portal page for each group and the widget page is a child of the group forum (so it inherits the permissions). I'm having a problem where it displays on the list of sub-forums and if a group owner tries to edit it, they're shown the error:

Please correct the following errors:
  • The requested forum could not be found.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'node_type_id'.

Can you make the edit sub-forum page only display sub-forums (while ignoring other things like pages, widget pages, etc.)? It would also be great if these other types of nodes did not count toward the maximum number of forums a group owner could make as well.

I use bd widget framework as a portal page for each group and the widget page is a child of the group forum (so it inherits the permissions). I'm having a problem where it displays on the list of sub-forums and if a group owner tries to edit it, they're shown the error:

Can you make the edit sub-forum page only display sub-forums (while ignoring other things like pages, widget pages, etc.)? It would also be great if these other types of nodes did not count toward the maximum number of forums a group owner could make as well.
Using Widget Framework in that manner is not supported by the add-on. As a matter of fact, there is no built in support for Widget Framework at all.

Any manual additions to the node structure for groups can break the add-on logic and is not supported.

The sub forum page DOES only display sub-forums that are created by the group owner. I don't know how you could possibly be seeing the main group forum that is automatically created when you create a group in the sub forum list. Unless you are manually adding nodes to the group, which is not supported.

And the number of 'forums' is controlled by the number of groups you set in usergroup permissions (Maximum Created(Owned) Groups). Sub-forums do not count toward that limit. Sub forums are limited by the add-on option 'Sub-forum Creation Limit'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom