1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Connect (Twitter) [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Chris D, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Social Connect (Twitter) (version 2.1) - Let your members connect to Twitter to post their new threads, trophies and statuses

Read more about this resource...

2. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

I find this awesome and cool, and nifty. But, sadly we're not spending any more money on plugins anymore! =(.

Great idea though.

3. Chris D

Aw, that's a shame.

Any particular reason? (Just curious).

4. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

We poured a lot into XenForo now. We're not worried about XenForo's future. It's just everything else like this is an extra, not a necessity. The money went better to pay for our server for example.

It's still a great idea.

5. Chris D

That's very fair.

It's very easy to get carried away with add-ons. Before you know it, you've degraded your forum performance with bloat that most users don't want or need and spent a small fortune in the process!

6. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

>< It sucks Chris. xD. Our forum is so large, and there are several XenForo bugs about performance. We struggle with modifying member profiles or modifying a node because XenForo's core software cuts you off. >< Can't wait for that to be fixed.

but, this is still an awesome choice. I love being able to sync my status updates with twitter! =)

7. Chris D

Have you tried to troubleshoot that? I can't say we experience the same problem.

Are you talking about the site in your signature as having ~200 current visitors shouldn't be causing you these problems.

The day before yesterday we broke some exclusive news that meant the current visitor count was ~700 all day. No performance problems whatsoever.

8. Chris D

9. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I'd consider purchasing this if my users tweets would show up as status messages on my forum, not the other way around.

10. Chris D

I know. I think you've said that before :)

It is an idea currently floating around my head.

11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I think I have as well :p

12. Chris D

13. Chris D

14. Magic

Magic Active Member

Just Purchased, Installed, and...

Was all done in a Matter of minutes.

Thanks (y)

Chris D likes this.
  15. Chris D

Thank you.

16. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Any issues with XF 1.1.4 ??
    Any status on Social Connect v2.3?

17. Chris D

Working well with 1.1.4.

Version 2.3.0... getting there... slowly:

[​IMG]

18. Chris D

19. the100yen

the100yen Member

Hello, I bought your twitter social addon last night and its great, I just noticed a bug so wanted to let you know and hoping you can fix it. I have a forum section where guest can create thread and post, when I have your social connect addon, it gives out error when guest tries to create thread or post...

"A server error occurred." This is the error,

Below is the server log

ErrorException: Undefined index: social_tokens -library/XenForo/Visitor.php:627
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 分前
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(627): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('social_tokens')
    #1 /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/SocialConnect/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(10): XenForo_Visitor->offsetGet()
    #2 /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): SocialConnect_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionCreateThread(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #3 /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
    #4 /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #5 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(127) "http://talkutube.com/index.php?forums/未登録者の掲示板.47/create-thread"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/未登録者の掲示板_47/create-thread"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {
    }
    }

Delete...

20. Chris D

Chris Deeming updated Social Connect (Twitter) with a new update entry:

Free upgrade to Bundle

Read the rest of this update entry...