Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

Any estimated timeframe till the next update Chris? Would like to use this add-on but it's currently disabled due a bug.

I'm currently running 2.2a. Yesterday when I was about to like a profile post I got this error:

errorWhenTryingToLikeAProfilePost.webp

I haven't seen it before. Everything has worked just fine. What's this error message telling me? How do I solve it?

That might have been fixed in 2.2b.

I do release updates for a reason ;)
I know you do, and I'm happy for that. But I'm not upgrading my site like I change underwears ;) Of course I react when something which was stable before stops working all of a sudden. I know that Facebook sometimes breaks the add-on when they upgrade their API. But that doesn't seem to be the case now, does it?

Now I have installed the update. Still the same issue. When I disable the add-on the problem goes away.
Thanks for trying that.

So just to clarify, when does this happen?

When you click to like a profile post? On your own profile? Or someone else's?

This happens when I try to like another members profile post. Then after a few seconds this error pops up.
Ok, do you want to try the below file to see if it resolves the issue... Bookmarks is referenced in your error so maybe it's sort of a clash but I think this will resolve it:

Put this file in:

library/SocialConnect/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage

Attachments

Ok, do you want to try the below file to see if it resolves the issue... Bookmarks is referenced in your error so maybe it's sort of a clash but I think this will resolve it:

Put this file in:

library/SocialConnect/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage
Thanks!

I will install this fix tonight when I get home. I will let you know result.

It seems to work fine now! Thanks! :) What was wrong? It's a little bit strange that I got this error all of a sudden since I haven't done any upgrades since the release if the new platform at the beginning of january.

You know what, I have no idea.

I couldn't even replicate it on my own board.

The underlying issue was a bit of dodgy code from me - but why it seemed to be fine until recently I'm not sure.

I found a new error. Last time I encountered it when I tried to like another members profile post. This time I got the following error when I tried to write a status update on the forum index page as well as my own member page:

errorOnForumIndexWhenPostingStatusUpdate.webp

Does the error go away after you go to the Social Connect page and then Unlink and then Link your Twitter account?

Sometime I just don't want to share a specific status or thread I have to go to options to disable all future actions. This is very inconvenient.
Could you make twitter/facebook button clickable to enable or disable per message?

Top Bottom