Social Connect (Facebook) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Social Connect (Facebook) (version 2.1) - Let your members connect to Facebook to post their new threads, trophies and statuses

Description

Social Connect for Facebook fallows your members to connect their forum accounts to Facebook.

By doing this, when your members post a new thread, update their status or get awarded a trophy, a Post will automatically be created on their Facebook timeline or Twitter feed.

First, your members can access the Social Connect settings from the visitor panel (below) or from their Account settings:
SrSpn.png

Read more about this resource...

Can these settings to post to timeline etc also be set when a member first registers using FB Connect since they link there account at that time.

Can these settings to post to timeline etc also be set when a member first registers using FB Connect since they link there account at that time.
I said next update. Unfortunately this isn't as straight forward as I'd hoped so I need to do some further testing on this. Sorry.

Not sure what happened. I went to like another person's status via the site and I got this error

Undefined index: message
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SocialConnect/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/ProfilePost.php at line 103
  2. SocialConnect_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_ProfilePost->_messagePostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 528
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/LikeHandler/ProfilePost.php at line 20
  5. XenForo_LikeHandler_ProfilePost->incrementLikeCounter() in XenForo/Model/Like.php at line 236
  6. XenForo_Model_Like->likeContent() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/ProfilePost.php at line 288
  7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_ProfilePost->actionLike() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/reddead/public_html/index.php at line 13

Other than that I love it!

Hmm... cannot replicate.

Are you using version 2.2?

Where did you "Like" their status? On their profile page?

I've just joined your forum and I'm liking people's posts and it's working fine.

Is this causing an error every time you like, or only once?

Ok. I'm getting the error now on this guy's profile: http://reddead.us/members/3269/

EDIT: Interesting bug. It's not that guy's profile at all. It's because I have now connected my account to Facebook... so I will need to do some more testing. Thanks for reporting.

I've just joined your forum and I'm liking people's posts and it's working fine.

Is this causing an error every time you like, or only once?
Okay I replaced all the files and it still doesn't work.

My profile is connected to facebook and it creates the error. When I unlink I can like a profile status. SO I liked yours when unlinked and then linked again to try and unlike it. Got the same error.

No worries. Luckily for me most of my users don't like a status and just comment. So I'll keep it in use anyways.

I don't know what's involved in fixing it yet, but rest-assured I look after my customers :) This will be fixed ASAP :)

I said next update. Unfortunately this isn't as straight forward as I'd hoped so I need to do some further testing on this. Sorry.

Any update on this? If you need a tester too let me know (y)

Off topic but while I have your attention, any update on inviter to not get your FB banned?

I made a lengthy post on my site and it auto posted to facebook ( I know I can turn this off) but I'd like it if the post was truncated so it'd pull the facebook users to the site.
OH and if it removed the attachment BBcode.

Ex.

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah etc etc etc etc... read more @ http://www.thisXFsite.example"

No rush and no demand just dropping a thought :)

Ah another thing I do really want...

Turn off option via the page you're on and about to post from.
Respect node permission - I just made a post via admin only forum and it posted to my Facebook!

Ah another thing I do really want...

Turn off option via the page you're on and about to post from.
Respect node permission - I just made a post via admin only forum and it posted to my Facebook!
That's a good point...

I am adding checkboxes in the next version anyway so you can control from the page you're on whether it posts or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom